Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Moronica is Invaded

Right out of an Alfred Hitchcock movie Moronica was invaded today by the birds, well one bird, but it was a big one. A great big blue heron attempted to enter the palace of your King today in what was the most interesting invasion of my kingdom in years. I was out trying to tie up my tomato plants, which thanks to this rotten weather, continue to grow upwards but are producing little in the way of tasty red fruits. As I was approaching my plants I notice people in my front yard pointing at my front porch. I went around and there it was, camped out on my porch pecking away at my front door as if it wanted to come in. This can only happen to me was my first thought as the bird waddled around doing what comes naturally to birds - peeing and pooping. It looked like it's right wing was a little off kilter, whether it was broken or not we may never know. My neighbor tried to call animal control but the person was busy taking care of the fish in his or her aquarium. We tried to keep it confined for its own safety but it got out and wandered around. These birds fly at the drop of a hat so the wing must have been a problem thought it did spread them out fine.
My thought is that maybe it was caught in the weekend storms and finally made its way here but who knows. I had a good time hosing the off my front porch from the gifts the bird left me. Animal control finally showed up and my neighbors were able to lead him to the bird and he was captured. Hopefully this will have a happy ending and he will be able to help the marauding bird. If not, well I may never know. Your king hopes that this will be the last invasion of my kingdom.... but would Alfred Hitchcock have it that way??????

1 comment:

Felipe Neto said...

Thanks by comment in my blog! I love football too. And what you saw in my blog is all about my football team, the Flamengo. The football team that have the largest crowd of the world. It's my passion!