Friday, April 7, 2017

RIP Don Rickles

Well, it has been a long time since your King has posted on his blog so it is time I returned. I only have so much time that I want to spend on the computer and, unfortunately Face Booking takes it up. I think that is about to change. I have a creative side of me that wants to get out but I am such a piss poor writer my ideas will not translate well to paper. But my travails as a writer is not what this post is about.
I want to mourn the loss of a great comedian who just passed away. I want to pay tribute to Mr. Warmth, Don Rickles. Don was one of of my favorite comedians. He had a razor sharp wit and delivery it was a joy to behold. He made no bones about it as everyone was a hockey puck to him. His banters with Johnny Carson, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and many others are legendary. I had a chance to see him in Las Vegas back in 1993 and I want to say it was at The Dunes. His opening act was Frank Sinatra, Jr. and after Frank was done, another performance I enjoyed, Don came out and march back and forth across the stage. I was told he does that to scan the crowd to see who will be his targets for the night. I tipped the usher to get me as close as possible to the stage and I was right up there, hoping I would have a thrill to remember but alas, even with my puss, I was not one of his 'victims'. He put on a great show.
I just want to honor him for all of the many laughs he gave me over the years and wish him a safe journey to his next performance. RIP Don. You will be missed and thanks you for the memories.

King Dinglefritz, Ruler of Moronica

No comments: