Monday, October 27, 2008

Negative Campaign ads

Well I have had enough and I just cannot stay silent anymore. I have a satellite dish and thank goodness it limits the time I spend watching local stations because I have seen enough local campaign commercials only watching the local news that just make me sick to my stomach. Randy Kuhl is trudging out the exact same old TV commercial lies that he used two years ago in his campaign against Eric Massa. According to his commercials Mr. Massa is going to be the most powerful congressman ever. He is going to single handedly raise taxes and give free health care to illegal aliens all by himself! With clout like that I cannot believe Mr. Massa is only running to be a congressman. Why do we hardly see any positive Kuhl commercials outlining what he has done for America?? Well, that is impossible when you have goose stepped with George Bush for years so the only thing you can trudge out is the same old crap, but hey, nothing like scaring people into voting for you. Its stuff like this that discourages people from the electoral process and it makes me sick. Sure, Mr. Massa uses negative adds but when you have the fodder of Mr. Kuhl's record to use against him you can't help but not to. Now I have seen more "What I will do if elected" ads from Mr. Massa than we see from Mr. Kuhl and that is a little bit encouraging.
In a related matter and because of negative ads by the opponent and also based on his record in the NYS Senate this is the main reason Mr. Robach is getting my vote for State Senate. Mr. Dollinger and his garbage ads can take a hike too. He did nothing when he was in Albany before, so why would we give him another paid vacation in Albany?
Negativity in elections campaigns must cease! Its one thing to attack what someone has done after he has been elected but how can you predict the future? The attack ads that state that Mr. Massa was going to raise my taxes by 2-3 thousand dollars per year. Now, why would anyone in their right mind EVER sponsor a bill that would do that. It would be political suicide. Mr. Massa would be booted out of office and lynched, and maybe not in that order, but then again, if you see it on TV it must be true. I am also sick of the Lee and Kryzan TV commercials too but thank goodness neither are in my district because 'none of the above' would get my vote there.
Things need to change. Our voices need to be heard by the politicos that negative campaigns need to go the way of the Dodo bird. Saying this, this is the most important election in a long time. Get out and cast your ballot as nothing is a sure thing. I am voting for change.... Go Obama!!!!!!

2 comments:

repoman said...

Well, D-of-M, you are going to get the man you are voting for.

Whether or not the change that he causes is something you'll like, I'd suggest we compare notes in about 18 months.

King Dinglefritz's Blog of Moronica said...

Moronica is my name! But like I said. Its not over yet. Remember Gore in Florida. We were just a few hanging chads away from having Gore for 8 years. I wonder what it would have been like.