Thursday, March 1, 2012

Patience Pays Off!! And Other Things of Relative Non-Importance

1) Well I waited until February 29, as Santa told me, and my patience paid off. I left my stupid tree up and this morning I found that he left me a new golf wheelie push cart and a new pair of golf shoes. It was exactly what you King needed and wanted. I may have had to wait for two months for Christmas but the big guy really came through for me. I thank him profusely.
2) Is there anything more annoying than British soccer announcers? Man, I love the sport but they drive me nuts at times. If a team or a city has an 'A' at the end of their name it suddenly becomes an 'R'. For example the soccer club Aston Villa becomes Aston Viller or the team from Italy called Roma becomes Romer. Another thing about these announcers is their frequent way of making a point and then ending that point with a question that really does not beg to be answered. That leads me to believe that some of these announcers are Welsh as that is a mannerism of theirs, isn't it? Whoops! There I go and use one of their mannerisms. So sorry. But I still enjoy their commentary even with their annoying habits. But then again they probably find we colonials just as annoying.
3) Well, in regards to my last blog about the missing BVDs I have to say that the order I placed Saturday evening from a site called 'His Room' arrived yesterday. I have to give this place a pat on the back for getting me exactly what I wanted so quickly and at a very reasonable price. AND since my order was just large enough shipping was free and that is a big bonus for your financially strapped King. I now have 15 pairs of BVDs for less than three bucks a pair. I guess I will be in good shape for quite a while.
4) In a big shake up at my place of employment your King has been moved from his cube that has been his residence for the past five years. It looks as though I have been exiled to Elba...or in other words, the far side of the building and I do mean the FAR side. At first I thought it was to isolate me from the rest of the general population of the place, probably to keep me from spreading the propaganda of my Kingdom, but after getting settled I think I scored big time. I still may have been exiled but it is a nice exile. I still have a bit of organizing to do but I think I will be a more productive happy cat. At least I won't have to breathe in the fumes of burnt popcorn from the break room anymore and strive to keep myself from passing out by inhaling them. That has to be one of the most obnoxious smells ever and it takes forever for the fumes to dissipate. UGH!
5) We have now reached calendar Spring, that is March, April and May, in Moronica. It has been a rather quiet winter and that is an understatement. While it may still deliver us a wallop before it is done the next ten days look very springlike for my Kingdom per the Weather Channel website. Maybe now the Town of Gates can fix the craters on the road to Moronica, especially around the curve in the road just before you get to my Kingdom. I can only pray, when I head home, that there is no one coming the opposite way when I take that curve so I can veer around the craters, since your King does not drive a moon buggy.
6) A new film is being released by Moronica Pictures very soon. It is about the sculptor's travails, design and the creation of the statue "The Venus de Milo". The movie is called "A Farewell To Arms" and will be in theatres shortly. Be the first to see it!!
Well, I have run out of nonsense for this evening, and I bet you are all happy about that, so I will end this post. Have a nice evening my friends!

No comments: