Sunday, February 26, 2012

BVDs, BVDs, Where Fore Art Thou BVDs!!!

You know what really sucks? It sucks when you have a favorite brand of undershorts and cannot find them anywhere locally. Last night I took a trip to stock up on some BVD undershorts. I like them as they are relatively inexpensive, maintain their fit and last longer than most other brands. JC Penneys, at the Greece Ridge Mall, usually carries this brand but when I visited the store it looked like they were closing them out as not much was left in BVD's small, and I do mean small, section located in the Men's Undershorts Dept. I was livid, not to mentioned pissed off. I stomped out and headed to check out Sears, Macy's and Target even though I knew my searches there were going to be fruitless and, of course, they were. While I was making my rounds I checked the prices for other brands of undershorts and was amazed at what I saw. They put some dopey guys name on a package of shorts and are charging $27 for a package of three briefs. OMG man!! I just want a decent pair of undershorts to wear...I don't want to wear "Johnny Smith's" specialty brand of briefs for a bazillion dollars apiece. My stinky butt isn't worth that price.
Now, as a good guy, I would love to keep the money that I spend on such things local so it upsets me when I have to go online to get something as simple as BVD brand underwear. I have tried other brands...some lose their fit and start to sag, some just fall apart after a few wearings but BVD brand undertrou lasts and lasts. Hmm, maybe that is why these stores have stopped selling them but I digress. Maybe I am paranoid but it always seems that when I like something a store decides to get rid of it. An example of this would be Mancini brand sweet peppers in tomato sauce. I used to get a jar of this from Wegmans whenever I cooked up some Tony Costanza's cajun sausages. There is nothing like a Tony Costanza cajun sausage with peppers and tomato sauce on a bun but since I liked it Wegmans got rid of it. I now have to buy a pepper and a can of tomato sauce and make my own when I cook up a Tony Costanza cajun sausage. It is just as good but now I have to do more work and clean up more dishes. I preferred the lazy way. Another example would be Tombstone Pizza as I liked that and again Wegmans stopped carrying it. Maybe I should get rid of my shoppers club card that is telling Wegmans what I like to buy. And it is not just Wegmans. I bought my squirrel chow from Walmart and guess what...it looks like they have phased that out too. Heaven forbid if I run out of squirrel chow and my squirrels decide to revolt.
But getting back to the BVD situation you would think that at least one local store would keep a good stock of these on hand. But no. I had counted on Penneys to be my bastion for BVDs but they have failed your King miserably. All I want are undershorts that I know will not let your King, and his royal heiny, down. And yes, I found an online men's store that sells my BVDs and I stocked up so JC Penneys can now go screw itself....Man am I nasty today or what? I guess you would be nasty too if it concerned the comfort of your butt.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you find them online? What the hell happened? I can't find them anywhere.

Anonymous said...

Where did you find them online? What the hell happened to BVDs?!?! I can't find them anywhere.

King Dinglefritz's Blog of Moronica said...

I was going to send you to hisroom.com but I went to the site to check and the product is discontinued. I am glad I bought three 5 packs when I had the chance. The best undershort ever made by man and it looks like it is no more. They were comfy and the lasted a lot longer and held their shape better than the Fruit of the Loom or Hanes garbage.