Sunday, February 12, 2012

Winter Finally Arrives With an Attitude in Moronica and Stuff

It is now February 12 and it looks like winter has finally arrived here in Moronica. We have had about 8-10 inches so far, mostly thanks to that stinking Lake Ontario, and it is still falling. I drove to Wegmans to get my paper and the roads are absolutely atrocious. I am sure the road crews are doing the best they can but for a while the snow was falling at well over an inch an hour and it is hard for them to keep up to that. But at least it now looks like winter outside. As long as I am home and have nowhere to go I can sit and enjoy watching the flakes fall. While I hate the white crap this winter has felt strange without it and when we did get some it was gone the next day.
I am glad I made it to the Golf Expo yesterday because I certainly would not have made the drive in this crap today. I wonder if they shut down route 390 near the airport again today as it is much worse out than it was at this time Saturday. Also, the funny thing about this winter is when it does snow a lot it seems to come on the weekend, which is fine with me.
1) I watched a movie Friday night that I am dying to write about but I missed the first 20 minutes of it so I cannot at this time. Unlike 'Earth's Final Hours', for which I missed the first 20 minutes of and I thank god for that, I need to see the beginning of this movie because it is so weird. The name of this movie is 'Rubber' and it is about a sentient tire, of all things, that rolls around and has the ability to blow up animals and make people's heads explode. That last hour of the movie is so strange that I need to see the start, which I will on Monday night, because this movie is a must to write about. Hmm, a sentient tire...what will they think of next??
2) I had a good laugh today watching Italian soccer. Powerhouse Inter Milan lost a home game to league cellar dweller Novara today. Man, how I love it when a 'Yankees' like team takes it on the chin from an underdog, especially at home.
3) I filled up my squirrel feeder yesterday but even the squirrels are smart enough to stay home when it sucks this badly out. When you see the amount of traffic out on the roads on a day like today it makes you wonder which species is actually smarter when it sucks out. So far the score today is Squirrels 1 - King - 0. I will stay home for the rest of the day in hopes of evening the score. We shall see if they venture out.

No comments: