Sunday, February 5, 2012

Honorary Title Graciously Accepted

A few days ago your King sent an email to the creator of the 'Pearls Before Swine' comic strip, Stephan Pastis, advising him of his elevation to the post of Honorary Comic Artist of the Kingdom of Moronica. I never expected a reply to that email considering the thousands that Stephan must get in regards to his strip. Well today I received an email back from him thanking your King for the honor and showing his appreciation.
Your King feels greatly honored by his response. In return I request all of my readers, if you are a fan of the strip and are inclined to do so, to send their newspaper a letter telling them how much you enjoy 'Pearls Before Swine'. As I told Stephan in my email I do not usually laugh out loud while reading the comics but his strip usually gets that response from me daily. Its not often I make a request of my subjects, in fact this is the first time, but sometimes you just have to let people know how you feel about something.
This is your King saying have a nice day!

2 comments:

repoman said...

A royal cartoonist?

Can I be the Crown Solicitor?

King Dinglefritz's Blog of Moronica said...

Repoman my friend, You already have a title as you are the official Major Domo of my monarchy. It is a position of high respect and honor, but alas, no pay(blame my ex-queen for that). And yes, Moronica needs a Royal Cartoonist, especially one that has happily accepted. Pastis is funny and his humor is a perfect fit!!!
Hmm, thinking about it maybe Crown Solicitor may not be a bad post for you to be reassigned to as I had to solicit your 'crown' to have my picture taken.