Saturday, February 4, 2012

MSG Sucks Eggs!!! So Says Your King

1) Last weekend I was watching the Farmers Insurance Open golf tournament. At the time I tuned in leader Kyle Stanley had a six stroke lead with about half the round to play. In other words he was looking good for his first win until his inner Jean VandeVelde showed up. Like VandeVelde he had a three stroke lead going into the last hole which was a par 5 that really wasn't that difficult even though it did have a big pond in front of the green. He tried to play it smart and layed up his second shot about one hundred yards from the green. All he had to do was get it on the green. When he hit his third shot it looked great but when it hit the green it had the backspin from hell. It landed a bit to the right of the hole and went into reverse gear at warp eight and headed straight for the pond. A couple of times it looked like the grass in front of the pond was going to stop it but each time it took that extra quarter of a roll to get it going again and plop it went right into the water. He then dropped, chipped and three putted his way to a snowman eight. UGH!!! He was advertising, on his hat, the fact that he uses Titleist ProV1 golf balls. These balls grab and spin when they land on the green as I well know since even your King, the master of the big boing on the green, can make this ball spin backwards. The moron should have realized this and hit his third shot to the back of the green and let it spin back. The reason for that is the front half of the green slanted towards the water so any shot landing near the hole with backspin was going to be an adventure from hell. Still the end result of his shot was a rotten shame as it looked like he played it so well, until it landed. Unlike Kyle Stanley, Jean VandeVelde hacked and sacked his way to a triple bogey, which in itself was a miracle as he sunk a long putt to save the triple, on his last hole at the British Open making him a golfing world joke. Kyle actually played eighteen well except for that ugly backspin. Like VandeVelde, Kyle ended up going into a playoff. The lucky sap who was the benefit of his 'moment' was Brandt Snedeker, who probably gagged on his dinner in the clubhouse when he saw what was happening, and Kyle ended up losing on the second hole. You have to feel for the kid.
2) Your king learned today that Buffalo Bill great, Andre Reed, was again not elected into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in his seventh try. This is starting to become a yearly joke for this poor guy. He gets to the final ballot only to get screwed. This man is very deserving of being elected into the Hall but each year the group of voting morons keep him out. He needs to be in the hall with his buddies Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly and Bruce Smith.
3) I had a good laugh watching the Manchester City vs. Fulham soccer game on the tube today. It was snowing like a banshee in England today and it was fun watching them play snow soccer. The weather must be worse in Italy as the Inter Milan game was scheduled next on the tube but that wasn't shown. There is nothing like watching any sporting event being played in a snowstorm.
4) It was a rather quiet day in my Kingdom. I went to my royal barber and had my ears lowered. He is well into his seventies but looks like he is sixty. I have to find out his secret.
5) The Royal Christmas tree is still up in anticipation of Santa's February 29th leap year special delivery to people he felt could wait for their gifts. How I got onto that list I would like to know. He told me to leave the stupid tree up and so I have, luckily it is artificial. I will probably feel like a total moron when the 29th comes and goes and there is still nothing under that tree. I still haven't opened those stupid cans of nuts yet and I think I slept through half of Congo. Hmm, Maybe I should watch it just before bedtime as I could use a solid eight hours for a change. But then again, knowing my luck, it will probably end up putting me into a coma.
6) Ugh, Nothing on the tube tonight as the MSG, Madison Square Garden Television Network, blackout has reached day 35 so not even the boring Sabres are on. I think someone at Time Warner is confused since when the people say "NO MSG" we are talking about Chinese food, not the stinking network. The thing MSG had better realize, and soon, is the fact that people CAN live without them. When the monarchy had to drop DirecTV, because of tree issues, and go back to cable I had to give up a few channels that I enjoyed. I have learned to live without them. Time Warner subscribers will learn to live without MSG. What is really funny about MSG is that during the summer they are, with the exception of the Red Bull soccer games, a network of reruns and they want ESPN like money for their network. Who wants to pay top dollar for that???
'Nuf said for tonight, have a nice evening.

No comments: