Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Random Thoughts

1) Congratulations to the Dumocratic party for figuring out a way to pare down the deficit. You nominate someone for a cabinet post who checked the yes box on the questionnaire for tax problems so that they are embarrassed enough to then pay their back taxes. I am sure the schmucks would have never paid them unless they were brought out into the open. Kudos to Obama for coming up with this beaut of an idea!! It seems Tom Daschle owed enough in back taxes to possibly become a future nominee to the MHOF....we will see. The editorial cartoon in today's Democrat and Chronicle was a beaut and right on the mark.
2) I swear, as my job as the King of Moronica, I see many moronic things but none more moronic as the dealings my 'government' has with high level judges in New York State. These people must get delusions of godhood once they are either elected or appointed to their posts. If someone told me that when they are alone in their chambers they would put on their robes, with nothing on underneath of course, and those old style white wigs and prance around absorbing the godlike power in which they believe they have I would believe it. Their demands are becoming absolutely crazy, too bad I cannot discuss them. If I could I would put them all on a galley and have them row me around.
3) Manny Ramirez... Can there be anyone greedier than this man and his agent...turning down 25 million dollars in this economic climate???? I have addressed this idiot before and I hope that he never plays ball again. Maybe he is holding out for more as he has to feed his family.
4) Congratulations to Ralph Wilson on finally making it into the Pro Football Hall of Fame as he did deserve it. But, with the continuation of the Jauron error(era) in Buffalo, he may be guaranteeing a future induction into the MHOF if Jauron turns in another year like this past year.
5) I am baffled. How can 'Paul Blart, Mall Cop' be nearing 100 million dollars in receipts. I saw the commercials for it and I am simply dumbfounded. Have we, as a nation, sunk so low as to be turning this movie into a blockbuster??? Amazing.
6) Where was the penalty flag when Santana Holmes used the football as a prop in his post touchdown celebration with 35 seconds left???? Usually NFL officials are flag happy when it comes to this stuff and this non call shows a double standard in which games are called. The Cardinals were screwed out an extra 15 yards of field position and who knows what would have happened if Pittsburgh was forced to kick off from the 15 yard line like they should have. You can damn well be sure that if a Cardinal did the same celebration there would have been a flag thrown instantly. I have always believed that this league plays favorites and this non call adds to my beliefs. If you need any further proof just look at the penalty yardage differential between the two teams. It was much easier for the refs to throw flags on the Cards than the Steelers. Ugh.

No comments: