Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Sickness

Is there anything else in the world that is more over hyped than the Super Bowl. It has come to the point where the game is anticlimactic. So anticlimactic in fact that I may end up watching Dr. Who on BBC America at the time the game is on. I want the Cardinals to win but at this time I could really care less. I am sick and tired of all of the hype for what is and always will be a silly game.
On the television at this time I do have ESPN's NFL Countdown on and the talking heads are in exceptionally fine form today. The only reason I have this stupid station on right now because I am waiting for the Pro Bowling show to come on right after it is over.... And we all know from previous muses that I do enjoy bowling.
The talking heads talk about anything they can think of from Kurt Warner's gloves to Coach Tomlin's bowl movements. Its that moronic. Then the fun really starts because after ESPN's talking heads are done flapping their yaps the NBC network's talking heads get to take over. You will then get five plus hours of continued 'analysis' of this game. We will probably find out how many steps Big Ben takes on a certain pass play or if we are really lucky what Big Ben uses for a stool softener....They must really have to dig deep for stuff to analyze after the second hour as I heard they have an interview set up with Ollie the Orangutan, the ape that picked the Cards to win the game. They have now just reported that Kurt Warner gets sacked once every 24 drops. With this information I can now plan out the next year of my life. Thank you ESPN.
Now, next in line for Super Bowl moronica to be addressed are those silly box pools that every work place or bar in the universe are running at this time. Yes, even the palace in which Dinglefritz works has a few of these too. I could cure the economy, or at the very least make a lot of local stores happy, if I had the money back that my wife 'invested' in these pools and the various others that she is participating in. In my opinion it is a fool that parts with their money in this way but I guess it is the 'thrill' of the hunt mentality that takes over. Oh well, let them have their fun as while I find these pools very moronic there is always a chance, albeit a small chance, that my wife will win a pool which would mean a happy wife. A happy wife means a happy Dinglefritz, or at the very least a less crabby Dinglefritz, and the world loves a happy Dinglefritz.

2 comments:

repoman said...

But Dingle, Holly and I both won on our pools.

Anonymous said...

But you made an overall profit....a few touching squares does not a profit make. She was in a few others