Friday, June 26, 2009

Frank Alkhofer

I hope I am spelling this gentleman's name right but here goes. Now to qualify myself to be able to write independently on this subject I state that I am an independent who normally votes democrat and was once a member of said party. Its stuff like this that I am about to expound upon that makes me glad I did not re-enroll in the party when I moved to Rochester. Also, I will never re-enroll in any party as long as the political crap in this country continues.
I read in today's Democrat and Chronicle that the democrats(idiots) in the Monroe County legislature have asked Frank Alkhofer to resign from his position on the ethics board as a result of a perceived involvement in the Robatraud(sic?) scandal which, at present, involves Robert Morone and a slew of contractors. Frank is a victim in this case and I am 100% sure not involved at all in this scandal. The idiots just want to rake this man through the mud for absolutely no reason except for political gain for themselves. He did what every man in his position would have done..he contacted a friend to ask for advice on a project. He had the project done, paid for it thinking everything was above board not knowing that the contractors involved were also being paid by the county at the time of the project was being done. Hey, if you were not sure who to hire for a project that required contractors would you not ask a friend to recommend someone? Saying Frank has any responsibility in this mess is like the police charging someone, who unwittingly gave money to Bernard Maddof to invest for them, with a crime. The same thing could have happened to me if I needed contract work done on my house and asked a friend, who was familiar with workers in this area, for advice.
Why are the idiots piling on Frank in this case? Why, because they just want to make a name for themselves and expand the scandal to their benefit. What really stinks is that I am sure none of the idiots will ever read this and see how a regular Joe like me feels about them. I have had a chance to meet Frank and I like him. Even though he though he is a (gasp) republican I have and will continue to vote for him.
While this scandal continues to make me sick the people who had and paid for work done, thinking everything was above board, are victims plain and simple and should be treated as such. They should NOT be treated as being part of the scandal. The people who wasted our tax dollars are the ones who should be punished. I would like to know which idiot democrats in the legislature are the ones asking for his resignation so if I ever have the chance to 'NOT' vote for this person I will. If I don't I will never vote for a democrat for the Monroe County Legislature ever again and this is from someone who votes blue. I am so sick of the political crap in this state between the two current political parties that I cannot wait to retire and move somewhere else. Maybe we should bring back the Whig party?

No comments: