Saturday, February 12, 2011

More Mumblings from your Monarch

1) Woke this morning about 3:30 and rolled over in bed. As I was rolling over it felt like someone shot your King in the lower back. As of now it still hurts like hell so maybe it is time for me to get one of those Teeter hang ups. If anyone, who reads this nonsense of mine and, has one I would appreciate an opinion on this product. I need a new back. Ouch.
2) I was looking at an old magazine of mine, I am a pack rat when it comes to keeping old mags, and one of the articles asks "Is evolution making us dumber?". It discusses how our brains have been shrinking a bit over the past thousand plus years or so. It is said we only use ten percent of it anyways so what is a little shrinkage among friends? Anyways we are getting dumber as a society and I will tell you why. The cause is technology! Kids nowadays have too many diversions technologically wise that I did not have as a kid. They have all sorts of video games they can rot their minds on among other things. When I had nothing to do I read books and learned things. Just ask the people I work with as my mind is a vast container of useless knowledge. Kids today do not read but they sure as hell have the strongest thumbs around. The only reading they do is reading the latest text that is sent to them by their friends. No need to even learn how to spell anymore when using 'textese'. Ugh.
3) Did I say that my back is killing me?
4) The weathermen are predicting a warm up this week for this area. Temperatures may sneak into the upper forties by Friday. I can't wait. Gonna get my bathing suit and tanning lotion out for this occasion. Oh, I forget, it is going to take months before all of this snow melts. Poor Kevin Williams must have had a tear in his eye when he saw the weather models predicting a warm up.
5) The Bills made a 'big' signing a couple of days ago. They resigned linebacker John Corto. Wow, that will help plug that huge hole in the Bill's defense called the entire linebacker position. It makes me want to start a countdown to training camp...if there is even going to be a season this year but I will wait to talk about that until later.
6) Rumor had it that former Congressman Chris Lee is hiding out in Florida after his resignation. I guess he got sick of the weather in Washington and figured out a way to get out. Unless there is more to come I do not feel what he did warranted his resignation. Others have done far worse and stayed on the job. I just would not want to be him when his wife gets a hold of him. Whoa Nellie will the fur fly then!!! Maybe she can borrow that 3 iron from Elin Woods. Mr. "Buff Boy" will not be so buff after his wife takes a few divots.
Well that is enough garbage for tonight. Time to try again to find a position to put my body in so my back will stop aching. I would give my kingdom for a cute Swedish masseuse right about now. Oh the pain....the pain.

No comments: