Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Oh No, Not Again

It is beginning to seem that once you are elected to Congress from Western New York you are required to take a stupid pill. It all started with Democrat, and chief tickler of the 29th District, Eric Massa who resigned last year amid allegations of sexual impropriety. Well, it has happened again. You would think others would learn from a previous Congressman's mistakes but I guess not. Representative Chris Lee (R) of the 26th District ingested a few stupid pills of his own in a Craigslist scandal where he misrepresented himself to a young lady and sent topless pics of himself to her. Rumor has it the Mr. Lee contacted Brett Favre to find out the best ways to contact young females. Well, we at least have to give him credit for sending naked pics of only the upper half of himself to her and not taking Brett's full advice.
A site called Gawker, I believe, reported this earlier today and he resigned his seat in Congress less than two hours ago because of this. OMG, how stupid can people get nowadays??? What is going to happen next?? Are we to find out that Louise Slaughter supplements her income at the Tally Ho??
Supposedly this man was happily married but, I guess, family values meant nothing to him. Is the pressure of working in Congress so much that people lose their common sense? Maybe the actual winners of last years elections were the ones who did not get voted in. They get to keep their sanity as a reward for losing. I think it is time for we in Western New York to demand more from our elected officials instead of them turning our area into a circus. The only thing missing now from Western New York is P. T. Barnum. Mr. Barnum is most remembered for saying "There is a sucker born every minute" but in our state I guess that includes everyone that voted for Eric Massa and Chris Lee. I was a sucker for voting for Eric in 2008 and at least I wasn't suckered by Chris Lee this time. I feel for the poor saps in his district that did vote for him believing they were going to get solid representation from him. Boy, were they wrong. We just cannot win in New York. Excuse me but I have to leave now as I must patrol Lyell Avenue in order to raise money to pay my NY State tax bill that keeps on getting bigger every year. I have to make sure that all of those state workers and teachers get their pensions so they can retire at 55 and move to Florida but I digress. That discussion is for another day. Good night.

No comments: