Thursday, September 22, 2011

More Mumblings from your Monarch!

1) It may be early but Your King is liking Mitt Romney more and more if he gets nominated by the GOP. The only way I would not vote for him would be if the Dems dumped Obama and nominated Hilary. I really do like her as she is a smart gal but, alas, that will not happen. Something has to be done and soon. Today's stock market plunge is another sign that we are heading into the toilet again.
2) Listened to the 'Gods gift to radio' again today. Why I listen to Rush I do not know. Today this bombastic blowhard came out against school lunch programs. Looking at his belly it is obvious he ate well as a kid but why scrap programs that help feed underprivileged children? Oh that is right, unless you are rich and well off he could give a hoot about you. God I hate that man but he does make me laugh when he spouts his ultra conservative garbage as I take his nonsense as comic relief. Now, do not get me wrong, I am for putting a leash on government spending but not at the cost of ending programs that give needy children good, nutritious school lunches that their parents are unable to afford. This guy is a peach. If his heart doctors ever gave this egotistical prick an EKG it would probably come out as a straight line as he has no heart.
3) The Tea Party Republicans in Congress voted against the new budget. It seems the new budget included an extra $24 billion dollars for FEMA for disaster relief which they did not like. It looks like they want FEMA to return to the Pre-Katrina level that left FEMA as a laughing stock as Brownie did not do a helluva job. With tropical storms Irene and Lee leaving the Eastern U.S. a mess I guess these representitives do not come from any of the districts that were left in ruins by the flooding from these storms. They too have no heart. FEMA needs this money to do a proper job. Funding for FEMA should not be a political football.
4) Man, long ago I swore off doing political rants on my blog but I just cannot help it lately. The economy blows. Unemployment sucks. Obama's sucking eggs. But, at least, Bin Laden is dead! Good riddance.
5) I have decided to retire again from bowling. First of all I cannot stand it but most of all my shoulder is getting too arthritic. I need it for another 30+ years so for the good of my shoulder I must give it up. It throbbed for days after a night of heaving the ball at Bedrock and by the time it felt good again it was time to bowl again. It does ache a bit after golf but nothing like after a night of bowling. Besides, it likes to make lots of funny scrunching noises now. Oh well, that is getting old for you.
6) Even though Fall is my favorite season I am not looking forward to the future rake jobs that will need to be done in my back yard when my royal forest starts puking leaves. The trees seem to be extra leafy this year thanks to the extra wet spring we had. The record for leaf piles in my back yard, for a single raking, was set last year during the third rake job. The number of piles that had to be hauled out to the road was nine, NINE!! These were not small piles either as they filled the 8x12 foot tarp that I used to drag the buggers out to the curb. I can feel the pain now.
Well, while I did not really want to write anything tonight I need to force myself to get back on the horse. I have been very lazy doing this nonsense lately and I do want to make my voice heard. You may not agree with your King, and that is your right, but it is my right to spout my opinions. This is not Iran. We may be governed by idiots but, at least, we are not ruled by kooks. This is your King wishing you a pleasant evening.

No comments: