Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Your Monarch Pontificates!!

1) Played golf this weekend. Nothing special about either round. Saturday I pointed on all but one hole but only finished +2. A couple of better holes and I would have won but I just couldn't score big. Pretty much played bogey golf throughout the round. For the most part I didn't have those killer holes that usually ruin a round except for my great 8 on fifteen but still managed to shoot 89. Sunday started off great as I had 10 points after 5 holes but then I crashed and burned and finished at -2 for the round. Only 7 points on the last thirteen holes and boy did that deflate me. Later, in the clubhouse known as the Nines Restaurant, I ordered my first plate of steamed clams in bayou broth with ciabbata(close but definitely not the right spelling) bread. I had never ordered any kind of steamed clams before but one of my friends ordered this the week before and it looked, and smelled good. I would much rather have my clams chowdered but I can definitely make a habit of this. If I had the recipe for the broth I would steam my own clams. Maybe someday.
2) The Bills!!! That is all I have to say. Well, maybe not. When I left the clubhouse on Sunday to head home the Patriots had a 14-0 lead so I figured by the time I got home it would probably be 35-0. I was wrong. Down by 21 points the Bills did it again with another great comeback. Down by 18 to Oakland and then by more to the Evil Empire only to end up winning??? Wow. Let us hope they can keep it up. They are so much more fun to watch now than they were when Mr. Mind was coach. I always said that Chan Gailey was a good coach and now I have to say that Ryan Fitzpatrick is more than a serviceable quarterback. He can only get better the more he plays and we do not have to dream about drafting Andrew Luck anymore.
3) Is there a worse coach than Norv Turner?? To take the talent the Chargers have and turn it into mediocrity takes a special person and Norv is that special person. Mr. Mind could do better with the Chargers than Norv. Why the Chargers owner keeps this guy around is beyond me.
4) Here in Rochester we are supposed to get a taste of November this Saturday. The temperature won't get out of the 40s that day. It just so happens to be the day of the calm bake at the Livingston Country Club. Figures.
5) My third Monday night passed without bowling this year. It feels so good not to have that weekly snippet of death driving me nuts. I do not know if the team is even bowling this year as no one bothered to call me. The place is still erect(how I do not know) as I have driven by it a few times this summer. It is just as well that I am not bowling with my shoulder probably being arthritic or well on its way to that stage. Maybe soon I will drive over the canal with my equipment, stop and let 'er fly and that will be the most fun I will have had with my equipment in years.
6) Rush Limbaugh is a Bombastic Blowhard. Oops, I have said that in my previous two blogs so I do not want to get repetitive.
7) I watched the new Jeff Dunham special on the Comedy Channel this past Sunday. Too much Achmed and not enough Walter and Peanut. Still he is a very funny guy. He is coming to the area in January and maybe I will get the chance to go see him live. It is always more fun to attend a show live and not suffer through those stupid 'bleeps'. Hey, I play golf so I know all of the words and then some.
Well, that is enough boring garbage for tonight. I may as well sign off and watch the telly. This is your King wishing you a pleasant evening.

No comments: