Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Mumblings From Your King

1) Well, after golfing better and better lately your King had, what you could say was, a Dow Jones correction event this past weekend. On Saturday it looked like I had never held a club before in my life and I dropped three points off my score. It went from 22 down to 19. That hurt after working so hard to better my score. Sunday was better but I did not score well except for a nice birdie on 14. Had some opportunities but wasted too many shots but still almost equaled my point requirement. A few more scoring holes and I would have won but alas. Oh well there is always this weekend.
2) I had the Royal Mutt this past weekend for visitation. God, how I miss that dog!! It was like she had never left. She 'talked' to me exactly the way she used to and she still knows her boundaries in the yard thanks to the invisible fence I had. She was even nice enough to take a nap during the last hour of the Bills game. Now that is a great dog!!!
3) Speaking of the Bills they are now 2-0 with a freight train called the New England Patriots looming for them this weekend. The comeback against Oakland was special and if they keep playing like they did in the second half of that game who knows? Still I think a .500 season would be a great season for them. Fitzpatrick makes the offense fun to watch. He may not have the pedigree but he seems to be a good QB.
4) I have been listening to Rush Limbaugh lately on the radio as time seems to fly faster during the work day listening to talk radio instead of music. Now, let me ask you is there a more egotistical bag of wind than this guy? He claims he is 'God's gift to radio' and he definitely has delusions of grandeur!! This guy twists and turns everything President Obama says about anything. He is so full of hate about the man it is incredible. His show is three hours of I hate Obama rhetoric.  While I have been disappointed in President Obama's work during his term, and with Congress I have an even greater disappointment with, I will probably vote for him again. The only GOP candidate I could even think about voting for would be Mitt Romney if he is nominated. And I probably would go in that direction if it was a Obama-Romney battle. But I digress so it is back to that bag of hot air, Rush. The man is so far to the right he even dislikes moderates. Now I am a moderate and take offense to a lot of what this bombastic blowhard says. If it was up to him air would be unbreathable, water undrinkable, oil wells popping up everywhere, the rich becoming richer and the poor, poorer and so on. His stance on global warming is unbelievable! The big thing about global warming is the melting of the Greenland icecap. Runoff from the icecap is fresh water and it flows into the Labrador current. Now fresh water is less dense than salt water so if enough fresh water infiltrates the Labrador current it could cut off the Gulf Stream leading to another possible ice age. It is possible in our time my friends!
Now there is one thing I do agree with this Fountain of Misinformation and that is there needs to be a full investigation of the one half billion dollars that was 'loaned' to that solar energy company, Sylindra I think, as they got that large amount of cash and two years later they file bankruptcy and laid off their entire workforce. Where did all of that money go??? Rush demands an investigation and so does your King.
Well I think your King has successfully irritated enough of my right wing friends for the night so I had better end this written farce now. Have a pleasant evening!!

No comments: