Tuesday, October 18, 2011

More Garbage from the Fingers of Your King

1) Walter Casper is back in prison where he belongs but for how long? He had his long sentence reduced on a stupid technicality and was released way too soon in 2009. All this did was create more grief for the family of his murdered wife. He was recently arrested for a parole violation. I hope this sticks as it will send him back to the hoosegow for another four years. Still far too short for the murder of his wife. Sometimes the Justice System baffles me.
2) The Bills are 4-2 heading into their bye week. I was originally hoping for 2-4 or even 1-5 at the start of the year. Their defense still sucks but they have a decent offense. They are so much more fun to watch than at any time during Mr. Mind's reign of error to which we have them to thank for the likes of ex-bill Aaron Maybin. He was probably THE worst pick ever by the Bills.
3) Has my blog partner Repoman died or what??? He has not posted anything for months. My life is dull without having the opportunity to comment on his conservative muses. Some of which I agree with, some of which I am ambivalent on and some I find just plain, well, crazy. It is just no fun without him.
4) Why does God's gift to radio, Rush Limbaugh blame everything on Barack Obama?? Yes, the country is in a mess but eight years of George Bush helped get us there. The biggest mistake ever made was George's tax cuts. While his heart was in the right place he must have lost his economic mind when he signed these into law. It is nice to have a little extra cash to spend but you just do NOT cut taxes when you are fighting a war, let alone two wars. It just does not make any economic sense to have done this. Now the government runs a huge deficit and unemployment is not going down but it is all Obama's fault according to the Pillar of Conservative Society. While I do agree that the first stimulus package was pretty much a farce and was largely misspent something must be done to jump start the economy correctly. Obama's current jobs package, that he is pushing to get passed, funds teachers and cops for one year but who pays for these new hires after one year? God? Warren Buffet? Warren Buffet's secretary? Who? I think people would like to know and, man I hate saying this but, Rush is right on this package. OUCH!! Do we want to go back to the policies Rush wants or do we stick with what Obama wants?? The answer is somewhere in the middle but neither side seems willing to accept that. The Clods! We need manufacturing jobs, not shovel ready jobs that when completed you have people sitting on their hands again. How many times can they pave Elmgrove Road?? The repaved it two years ago, with first stimulus money, and they just repaved a part of it, that was repaved then, again this year. Money well spent I say!!! Right.
5) The Sabres are off to a decent start this year. They have three wins in four games. Last year they had nine losses to go with their three wins. They are spending money and I hope they have spent it well. They have a few nice new pieces and I am hoping that they help get us that elusive Cup. Man would I go nuts if the Sabres ever get it.
6) Looking into the Royal back yard all I see is a layer of leaves waiting to get raked. Last weekend's windstorm helped knock a bunch down but when that first freeze hits it will be good night nurse. It is dark now and it is the best my back yard has looked, since I can't see it, since last Tuesday when I mowed the pricks into mulch. Can't do it this time. I can feel the pain growing now. UGH!!
Well, I think I have bored you valued readers long enough. And I do value everyone who reads my drivel. I wish you all, whether you agree with your King or not, a pleasant evening.

No comments: