Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Your King Says "Twitter is for Twits"

As you can tell from the title of today's garbage I am not a fan of Twitter. I really do not care what people say from moment to moment in their silly little lives. Blogs are a bit different because it is usually a bit more of an article, not someone tweeting that they just took a dump and it felt great. A blog requires a bit of thought, a very small bit if you ask people about my blogging, but still a bit of thought. Twitter is for people who think that their every moment through life should be recorded for all to read about. Frankly. I could care less.
Let us look at the Weather Channel for instance. They now have something called Weather Channel Social  on their website where people can tweet about the weather. Here are a couple of samples from that site:
From Abdul in Phoenix, AZ: "It is hot again outside".
From Nanook in Barrow, AK: "It is cold again outside".
Boy, I cannot live without information like that, can you? I turn the channel whenever that segment comes on. They can keep it.
Can you imagine if they had Twitter during the time of the Titanic? I can just see the tweets, in English and not Twitterese, now:
10:00 p.m. - Captain Harris, Titanic: "Really a clear, dark night tonight, still going full speed. Looking to set record for crossing. Leaving Lightholler in charge and going off duty".
1:00 a.m. - Captain Harris: "Struck something large and white. No problem as this boat cannot be sunk. Quick check and we will be cruising again".
2:45 a.m. - Captain Harris: " Umm, I think I was wrong. Looks like we will be having sand for breakfast. Very cold water now up to my knees and climbing fast. I do not think we will not be setting a record this trip".
3:00 a.m. - Captain Harris: "glub, glub, glub........"
Now, I admit, the stuff I wrote above is sheer nonsense but that is what you get with Twitter, other people's droppings that they want to spread around the world. Athlete's tweets are the most annoying. I could care less about what someone, who is paid a bazillion dollars a year to play a stupid game, says. Most tweets from athletes are just random nonsense and others are just plain stupid. Maybe their tweets are a reflection of all of the head trauma that they have received over the years from the playing of their sport. But then how do explain the tweets from the weather twits? More head trauma?? Must be.
Well the Sabres are about to face off and I have spoken my piece about the silliness of Twitter. This is your King wishing you a pleasant evening. Jeez, the Sabres scored two quick goals while I was reviewing this stupid blog. Now I will go and watch and they won't score again, just you see!!!

2 comments:

repoman said...

I love the idea of Twitter on the Titanic! You could probably do a whole routine about famous "tweets" in history!

King Dinglefritz's Blog of Moronica said...

As I am King of all things moronic I think that is a brilliant idea. I can already think of a few goodies. With my advanced intellect I cannot believe I did not think of doing that.