Sunday, April 11, 2010

Olive Branch of Peace Extended to Bikini Bottom by Moronica

Today I offered Mr. Pacifica the olive branch of peace to end this war of words. See comment four in my previous blog. In the spirit of bipartisan cooperation I hope he accepts it. I will be more than happy to have open discussions about our differing points of view without the insults if he will. Mr. Pacifica and I should stop acting like Congress and more like respectable human beings. I would enjoy reading about what he believes in and why as long as he keeps it to the point without drifting to comments about my belly size and IQ. I get along with people of both sides because I respect their views. There are reasons people have differing views and I understand that and dialogue should be encouraged, not discouraged. I believe Mr. Bill is alluding to the fact that you can best represent your side when you can discuss things civilly and not be insulting to each other and he is right. Sometimes a civil discussion between differing sides can alter certain points of view and maybe a middle ground on certain things can be reached. Insults just harden one's stance.
I am hoping that today will be the beginning of a new understanding between Bikini Bottom and Moronica. Moronica stands for peace. Moronica stands for civility. Moronica stands for cooperation between people of all races and beliefs. Maybe Bikini Bottom and Moronica can set an example for others to follow going forward. As of this moment I declare that Moronica will now observe a cease fire in the war of words towards Bikini Bottom. I pray that in the near future I can announce that a treaty of peace exists between our two nations and the stain of this nonsensical war will soon be a memory. We can only hope.

2 comments:

Pacifica said...

Tonight, I read an article from Mr. Moronica, and in it he is offering to lay down the gauntlet, I am not sure how I will react?
But one thing I do know, I will not stand by, and read, or listen to individuals mock the Constitution, or to step around it as this Administration has. The process for which they used in the Senate to pass the Health Care Bill was called the up and down vote ( 51 votes instead of 60 )it's intent when approved back it the 70's, was to be only used in case there was a stalemate of the budgetary process. It was NOT intended to be used to change 1/6th of the economy.
I am not a violent person, and I will voice my opinion, and when the time comes this November, I will vote for who I think will help in leading us back to prosperity.
One last thing Mr. Moronica, I will try, but there no guarantees in life.

King Dinglefritz's Blog of Moronica said...

Actually, the bill required 60 votes to pass the Senate. They added a goodie(bribe?) to the bill so that Senator Nelson of Nebraska would be the 60th vote. So they really did not step around the constitution. That is is why the Dems cried when Republican Brown won Ted Kennedy's seat in MA as it reduced their majority to 59 votes. That is why Obama had to do the arm twisting in the House to pass the Senate version because any changes required by the House would have never made it through the Senate again. Senator Nelson really stood by his morals and proved he could be bought. We will see what his state thinks of him come his re-election time.
I appreciate hearing your opinion and I too will vote for the people that I believe best represent my ideals whether they be Democrat, Republican or Independent.I hope you continue to make your opinion known as that is the one thing that makes this country great...The freedom you and I have to express ourselves AND to disgree. Try being an Iranian in Iran saying something against the regime and see where that gets you.
Now, Mr. Pacifica, I am sure I will write stuff in the future that you may or may not agree with and I hope that you respond and tell me why. I may be an old dog but I can be educated and if you prove to me that your point is valid I can most certainly adjust my thinking. I am not a rigid person when it comes to politics. I look forward to debating with you as it can only make Bikini Bottom and the Kingdom of Moronica better in the long run. I look forward to your future comments...and I truly mean that. Hell, maybe some day we can get together for a beer and have a few chuckles over this. Have a great day.