Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Royal Mumblings from your Monarch

1) Well, your King did it again. After suffering through one of the most painful years bowling at Bedrock(Spencerport) Lanes I at least finished strong enough to win the 'League High Average' award for the second straight year. What is amazing is that it only took a 192 average to do it. Now, your King is not a 192 average bowler as anywhere else in the universe I can probably average around 210. Not at Bedrock. Dead pins, screwy oiling patterns and prehistoric machines lead me to wonder why I subject myself to this. I must be a glutton for punishment.
2) I had to chuckle when they put a video out of Czech president Vaclav Klaus slyly 'swiping' a ceremonial pen during a conference with Chile's president. I have the same problem at work with pen swiping. I had to put my name on my pens as a certain vendor of mine, when she would come early in the morning to drop off completed work, would bag a pen of mine each time. It really became comical for a while as it was always a guessing game as to what I would have left for writing utensils in my cube when I showed up for work long after she left. It could only happen to me.
3) How about the Buffalo Sabres??? From being the worst team in the league around Christmas they managed to come back and make the playoffs as the seventh seed in the east. If they play in the playoffs like they finished the season they may be a live underdog pick but knowing your typical Buffalo team they will be gone by the end of the first round.
4) I find it quite funny that Jane Corwin will probably be the next Congresswoman for the 26th district of New York. She has been a member of one of the most dysfunctional state governments for a while so I guess she can now bring that dysfunctional attitude to the Federal Government. BUT, I will give the state government kudos this time. They brought the budget in on time and actually reduced spending. Maybe Andrew Cuomo has brought in a new attitude to the circus in Albany. Only time will tell but so far he gets a plus.
5) Using the last of the foreign aid that the Kingdom of Moronica received from the United States Government this past March I again improved the infrastructure of the monarchy. Along with the new 46 inch Samsung LED TV your King also authorized the purchase of a new sofa-recliner. This replaces the couch that your King has tolerated for the last twenty three years. The old sofa did its job comforting your King but its was time to put it out to stud. It was depressing seeing it sitting out by the curb waiting for the Town of Gates to come and take it away as your King did have a soft spot for it but it had to go.
6) It is amazing how the weather started to turn better after the firing of the Royal Meteorologist but after much thought he was rehired last week. Now after the rehiring the weather is turning crappy again so maybe I made a mistake bringing him back. Hmm... Well that is enough garbage from my fingers for tonight. I was hoping to go golfing this Friday but they knocked down the predicted high temperature for the day by about ten degrees so maybe I will stay home. Your King wishes that you have a pleasant evening.

No comments: