Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Kingdom's Favorite Hockey Team gets Fired

I guess this weather is making me extra grumpy lately. Firing the Royal Meteorologist didn't help matters much.  We just had another thunderstorm after a severe drought that lasted over 12 hours in Moronica. It was getting to the point where I was going to have to water my lawn as the sun, which actually made an appearance today, was drying the grass out too quickly. 12 hours without rain...Just too bloody long but I really digress.
Now back to the meat of this stupid blog. I have been a Buffalo Sabres fan from day one. Ever since that infamous coin flip that allowed them to draft Gilbert Perreault first overall, and Vancouver ending up with some slug, I have rooted endlessly for them. That is forty years of pain and suffering and having my heart broken. Well last night was it. They rolled over and died against Philadelphia in game seven of their series. It was so nauseating that I ended up changing the channel to watch "Deadliest Catch" on Discovery before the end of the game. They should have won in game six but a stupid penalty taken by, now banned from Moronica, Chris Butler gave Philadelphia a power play which they used to tie the game up and then went on to win it in overtime. I am now firing the Buffalo Sabres as the favorite hockey team of the Kingdom of Moronica. I am going to watch the rest of the playoffs and the beginning of next season before deciding on a new team to represent Moronica. It will be like giving the other 29 teams an audition to see who will represent Moronica. Now, there are certain teams that will not be considered. Teams such as Philadelphia, Boston, any New York City based team, the Detroit Red Wings and any team that is stupid enough to sign Tim Connolly this off season. Those teams have already been ruled out. Now it would be nice if the other teams remaining in my list would seize this opportunity to become Moronica's team. Maybe fly out your King, wine him, dine him and throw a few souvenirs his way to sway him. Hey, everyone has a price and so does your King. But the Sabres are out, caput, finis, done and whatever other word fits.
Your King is tired getting laughed at, especially at work. My Facebook postings for the Sabres have been treated as a joke(probably deservedly so) and I am tired trying to defend a team that lacks heart at the time where heart means the most. Philadelphia showed the heart and determination they had inside them to crush the Sabres in game seven. Buffalo is now off to see the wizard to get a heart but I think he gave the last one to the Tin Man.
This is your King wishing that you all have a pleasant evening my friends.

No comments: