Saturday, January 10, 2009

Near death experience

The world nearly lost Dinglefritz a couple of weeks ago. It would have been a tragedy of epic proportions. Let me recount what happened....It all began a few years ago when my wife and I were at a restaurant and I ordered a ham and cheese omelet to eat. I asked my wife if she knew how to make one and she said yes. I then asked her if she could make me a ham and cheese omelet at home for me sometime and she said she would be more than happy to make me one. I was a happy man.
Whenever I go to Denny's I always order their Ham and Cheese Omelets as they are light, fluffy and very tasty. I saw the opportunity to captilize on my wife's "knowledge" about omelets after we had a delicious ham for Christmas dinner. I did not want any crappola ham in my omelet and since we had tasty leftovers my wife volunteered to make me an omelet using them. At the time I believed I was going to be in seventh heaven after breakfast, not being sent to heaven but let us continue.
I had just finished watching one of the Travel Channels food shows 'Best places to pig out' which featured a twelve egg omlete from a Seattle restaurant called Beth's Cafe and seeing the light, pure yellow, delicious looking but absolutely gigantic omelet it got my taste bud juices flowing for the coming treat. I should have gotten my first warning when I heard my wife comment while she was making it that she botched the flip. It'll be ok I thought, just a minor error, a quick fix and no problem to derail my taste train to heaven, little did I know that the tressel had collapsed.
Soon, my wife said she was done but the result was not quite what she had expected...that should have been warning number two. I stepped into the kitchen and prepared myself to eat the expected taste treat. "How can an omelet be destroyed" I thought to myself, It would be impossible. Then I saw it.....Instead of being yellow, light and fluffy it was ugly, ornery and looked like a pancake that had been left on the griddle way too long and folded in half. Unfortunately I had to do my duty, I sucked up every ounce of pride and guts I could muster and I ate it to please my wife. I tried to keep the derisive comments about it to a minimum to make my wife happy but even she could see the terror in my eyes. I spent the rest of the day on the couch battling my rolling stomach. How I made it through the day I will never know. Today, while lying in bed I heard my son say that she should make me an omelet for breakfast and as soon as I heard that I screamed NOOOOOOOOOOO from my bedroom and hid under the blanket. Lesson learned.... be careful in what you ask for....you may get it.

2 comments:

repoman said...

Does Holly read this blog?

King Dinglefritz's Blog of Moronica said...

I warned her as I was eating it that this was a bloggable offense and she took it in stride. I did show her the blog and she found it "interesting". If you had seen the thing you would understand. It was Sci-Fi channel material.