Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Random Thoughts

1) Not too long ago I was scanning the channels and noticed 'Loony Toons' on the Cartoon Network. As I went by I lamented the to myself that they never show the good ones with Bugs and Daffy, just the crappy ones. Being a Loony Toons fan I long to discover if I could locate them to enjoy them again. One of my favorites was the one in which Bugs took on Pete Puma. I had not seen that one in, say, twenty years so I googled what I believed was enough info to see if I could find it. Lo and behold I found it along with a few of my other all time favorites on Youtube. I could not believe my luck. I now enjoy Bugs giving Pete his 'three or four' lumps at my leisure. Thank you Youtube!
2) When it comes to weather Rochester sucks eggs. During the winter it is always cloudy, cold, dreary, snowy and totally depressing. What makes matters worse is weatherman Kevin Williams. He actually enjoys this crap, the rest of us just tolerate it. He has a twinkle in his eye when he is able to tell us about a winter storm warning. I like Kevin as his forecasts, I believe, are the best in town, but I wish he would tone it down when it comes to his love of snow. Spring cannot come too soon.
3) I have had enough. It seems that the schools are turning our children into little peddlers to raise funds for whatever that latest thing they need funds for. I am sick of Niagara candy, entertainment books, magazines and whatever else they decide they want to try to have the kids pawn on us. What is even worse is that we will probably be seeing more of this crappola as the State is lowering aid for school districts leaving them to try to peddle more crap unto us.
My son brought home a bill from school not to long ago. It was for his yearbook. I nearly had a stroke. It is bad enough that they are charging $70 for a stinking yearbook now and then they have extra charges for the bloody thing too. Want autograph pages??? add another two bucks to that total. I think I paid $15 for mine and that even included my name embossed on the front of it...which would be another two dollar charge for today's yearbook. Ugh.
4) It is a shame Les Stroud has decided that season three of his series 'Survivorman" will be his last. I have enjoyed his survival adventures immensely since I discovered the show a few years ago. His show is much more honest than Bear Grylls "Man vs. Wild" as he does not have a camera crew helping him and he has to spend seven days alone out wherever they decide to stick his butt. I hope we see more of Les in other things on TV in the future.
5) David Paterson can take his extra taxes and fees and stick them where the sun does not shine. Our State's legislature, which has and continues to be dysfunctional and a joke, had better get off its duff and cut spending quickly. Last I checked there was not a commandment that stated "Thou shalt tax and spend". If he thinks his soda tax is going to fly, well, he is in for another headache. I'll start drinking more water and maybe get healthier just to piss him off. Living in New York is quickly becoming a pathetic joke. I was planning on staying here after I retire, but now, that probably will not be the case. I cannot imagine what the taxes and fees will be like then as they are ridiculous now.
**MORONICA FOR MORONS! UBER ALLES!!**

No comments: