Friday, September 25, 2009

Fox News makes me Sick to my Stomach

I have tried to keep an open mind as my brother has encouraged me to try to watch Fox News more often. I have made a few concerted attempts but each time I am left shaking my head at the moronica that is spewed. Once again I turned it to the O'Reilly Factor and it turned out that he was interviewing two more of his right wing trash spouting buddies. I believe the name of one of the people he was 'interviewing' was Bill Scolfield, though I may be wrong as my brain decided it was not worth registering. He was continuing the birther argument in regards to President Obama. Why are people allowed to spew this crap on national television? This guy is a complete moron who turned me completely off with his hatred of the president. Hasn't there been enough evidence produced to show that President Obama was born in Hawaii? Hell, I was born in Rochester, New York but I could not find my original birth certificate and all I had for the longest time was a hospital birth notice. Does that mean I was born outside of the USA? Of course not. I now have been able to obtain a certified copy of it but if I was running for president I may have had the same problem as President Obama. I am sick to death of these birthers continuing to flog a dead horse. Get over it jerks, our President was born in Hawaii plain and simple.
This is the type of crap that continually gets aired over the 'fair and balanced' news station that Fox claims to be. I do not blame President Obama for not allowing himself to be interviewed on Fox. If I knew I was not going to get a fair shake I would not do it either. Fox News is a den of rattlesnakes just waiting to sink their fangs into him the first chance they get. If Fox were to treat him fairly I am sure he would grant them time but they are so far off the deep end it is ridiculous. I am sure he would not mind being asked tough but fair questions but I am certain these questions would be skewed so badly as to make any answer he would give to them fodder for continued Fox talking head ridicule.
Fair and balanced means you have someone from the left and someone from the right being interviewed by someone who can see both sides of the story. From what I have seen that does not happen with Fox. All you get from Fox is a right wing love fest that continues to foment conservative hatred of anything that the President tries to do no matter how good it may be for the country.
What really makes me sick is seeing all of the signs being carried by narrow minded jerks nowadays in right wing protest rallies. The one that really made me sick said "My zoo has an African (Picture of a lion) and in the white house we have a lying African". Is this stuff we really need? I bet that woman is really proud to have a picture of herself and that sign floating throughout the Internet. And this is the stuff that Fox News seems to help foment indirectly.
Changing course a little, President Obama seems to be well liked in the international community, save for the usual suspects who hate us period. He is trying to take us away from the reputation that we gained for being the world's bully for the past eight years. President Bush tried but his Vice President held too much of his ear for too long and had way too much power. Who knows what kind of presidency he could have had if he had a more kinder, gentler and thoughtful Vice President other than Tricky Dick Cheney with his battery powered heart (his body rejected his real one). Cheney was the consummate Chicken Hawk and how George Bush could have chosen him to be his second is beyond me as President Bush deep down seems to be a really nice guy. Cheney is not. In fact, Cheney's back surgeon tried to operate on his spine the other day but had to close him right back up because he could not find it.
This is my opinion take it or leave it. I try to be moderate but sometimes I just have to tell it the way I see it. Tonight I bashed the right, maybe tomorrow it will be the left. Only time will tell. Goodnight from Moronica.

No comments: