Saturday, September 19, 2009

Heartsickness at the Palace as Prince Blamski Succumbs to Fox News Kool Aid

I was deeply saddened today as I have just discovered that my brother, Prince Blamski, has guzzled heartily from the bottle of Fox News Kool Aid. He must have been home from work one day and was bored. He must have been channel surfing and landed on the Fox News Channel and decided to stay there and watch. I had the bad news confirmed when I sent my brother an email with a news link about the California Water Crisis and he forwarded the link to Fox for them to review and to give him more input. There is nothing more dangerous than sipping Fox News Kool Aid except maybe sipping MSNBC News Kool Aid, which is just as bad.
Fox claims to be fair and balanced, well I gave Bill O'Reilly a try the other night and had to turn him off when he brought on two guests, both of whom did not like President Obama. Now how can you have a fair and balanced debate when everybody in the debate dislikes the president? Baffling. Your King steers clear of these news channels though if I need to watch a channel for breaking news I will watch CNN. Even though they tilt a little left I feel they present the fairest news coverage of both sides.
Back to Prince Blamski, I do not know what I can do to cure him of this malady. The last time I heard about Kool Aid this dangerous the Reverend Jim Jones was passing it out in Guyana and we all know what happened there. My God, he is even watching Glen Beck who you could probably call the Reverend Jim Jones of Fox News. O'Reilly can be palatable at times but Hannity w/o Combs???? Yeah THAT is fair and balanced.
I do have the Fox Channel in my list of favorite stations that I scan, out of over a hundred, but I do not have MSNBC in my list. Left wingers can be even nuttier than the righties. I prefer to try to drive down the middle of the road for the most part. On some issues I swing left, gay rights for example(I say let them get married so they can be as miserable as me) and on some issues I swing right, more rights for police and bring back the death penalty for certain cases. For example, the Garcia case here in the Rochester area is a prime example of someone that deserves a seat on Ol' Sparky but will end up getting housed and fed for the rest of his life at our expense. This guy is as guilty as our winters are rotten and should be gassed. And that is my opinion, take it or leave it. While you cannot give police carte blanche, still too much good evidence can get thrown out because of some little search technicality and heaven forbid it allows some sociopath to have his case dismissed and set out upon society again.
There are channels out there that supply news to all sections of society. Just because someone prefers Fox over MSNBC, or vice verse, does not make that person less intelligent. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that is what makes this country great. Look at Iran right now, heaven forbid you are a reformist as you could be arrested or attacked. Ex-president Khatami is a reformist who actually was attacked by the hardliners recently but thankfully was rescued before he was injured. You cannot express reformist opinions in Iran without the threat of hard line retaliation or arrest. How un-american. Here we can have people screaming at Congressman during Town Hall Meetings but they are not attacked or arrested because this is America. While they are rude, insolent morons they can still be heard though it would be nice if they would turn down the decibels.
In closing I say you can chose whatever Kool-Aid you want to drink but respect the opinion of others that choose to drink from a different bottle. I still respect Prince Blamski even though he drank heartily from the Fox News bottle. I choose not to. I would rather watch Man vs. Food and see Adam Richman try to devour some nuclear (Nuklar if you are a Bushie -LOL) chicken wings as it is far more entertaining or watch something on the Science Channel, as it is far more educating than watching talking heads spout out nonsense on any news channel. That is my opinion and since this is Moronica, which is a small part of America, you CAN take it or leave it.

PS: If you read the garbage that I spout in this crazy blog of mine I would like to hear from you. Please feel free to leave your King a comment as I would like to see what opinions others have. I respect all opinions, right, left or moderate. Thanks.

No comments: