Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Your King Returns to the Lanes and Other Mundane Things

1) Well last Monday it happened. The thing that I dreaded the most occurred. I dread it because it signals that winter is soon to follow. I dread it like a hemorrhoid. The thing I am talking about is bowling season at Spencerport Bowl. My league switched to Mondays this year as our Tuesday night league shrunk too much. What is nice about Mondays is that the remnants of our league, combined with the Monday night league makes it a full house. Its always good to see the place filled. But I still hate bowling on Monday. Tuesday was nice as it helped to break up the week into halves but Monday???? Ugh.
Now that the litigation problems with the lanes seem to be over the owners have 'promised' to make much needed improvements. The machines are running very well right now which is great and there is oil on the lanes. Last year they ran out and the shot turned to hell. Unfortunately my game is not so hot right now as I am so used to throwing the ball so hard I cannot get the needed touch back to be consistent on slicker lanes. I know the touch will come back and for once I will have lots of handicap when it does and its about time. Yippee.
2) Once again Mother Nature decided to cancel my Sunday golf outing with rain. It figures that the first time it rains in three weeks it would rain Saturday night into Sunday morning. Ugh. I did not report on my efforts from the previous Sunday but they were very 'Grinch' like. Ugh again.
3) The Bill's defense put on quite a show for fifty minutes last Sunday but then died because the Bill's offense was absolutely putrid. Mr. Mind's offensive unit played like pooh. Why they signed Owens is beyond me as it seems Edwards does not want to throw him the ball. And why they gave Lee Evans a fat contract is beyond me too for the same reason. The offensive line was just plain offensive as Edwards got to know the Saint's defensive line on a first name basis. Mr. Mind's unemployment countdown stands at tee minus thirteen and counting.
4) If anyone sees my Queen can you please bring her home and reintroduce her to the royal kitchen. I am now royally sick of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. If not, please reintroduce her to Wegmans and show her how to buy food. Not ice cream, not goodies, not crappola but food. What is the purpose of making and freezing spaghetti sauce when there is no macaroni to put it on but, then again, there is ice cream for Prince Spoiled Brat.
5) Its nearing election time again! Why is it that the Republicans are smart enough to come around when you are at home while the Democrats always seem to leave stuff in your door? If the Democrats do not want to make the effort to come and say hi when we are home why would we want to vote for them? It does make an lasting impression on you when someone like County Councilman Steve Tucciarello (I hope I spelled it right Steve, not that you will ever read this but I pride myself on my spelling) visits and spends a few minutes chatting with you. I am big on impressions. I have gotten to like Mark McIntee as I have had chats with him on a few occasions so if Mark Assini wants my vote for Gates Town Supervisor he should stop by the Kingdom of Moronica when I am at home and say hi. Hey, I voted for Ralph, and I am glad that I did, so if you want to keep my vote in line...but then again I do have 'other' reasons to vote for Assini.
Boy have I spouted a lot of moronica tonight. I may have to ice down my typing fingers as they are starting to ache. Heaven forbid I get that tendinitis again and have to take some time off but then again, as nobody reads my crap anyways, I guess it just does not matter. As always, your King.

1 comment:

repoman said...

Some people read your "crap".