Saturday, September 19, 2009

Random Thoughts from the Palace

1) Is there a bigger jerk in this world than Kanye West??? He is so big of a jerk that even the President thinks he is a jackass. Where did this idiot West come from and why does he think he has to remain in the public eye? His 'appearance' at the MTV awards show was a new low for any human being. To just go up on stage, swipe the microphone and steal the moment from Taylor Swift was downright stupid and egotistical. At least Beyonce did the right thing later in bringing Taylor back out and sharing her big moment with Taylor when she won her award. Kanye should pack up his ego into a bag and move to some south sea island and stay there out of the public eye forever. Whats funny is that he may now even become more famous because of his stupidity. The bits they now play on the Wease Show that use parts of what he says in his scene stealing moment are a big hoot.
2) The Bills showed some grit for fifty-five minutes this past Monday night. To bad Mr. Mind's crew reverted to form for the last five minutes and gave New England the victory. I actually had a brief thought, with five minutes left, that the Bills may just do it but deep down I knew that the Patriots would win so it was to no surprise to me that they did. Poor Leodis McKelvin. He will always be known for that one fumble and then to have vandals ruin his front lawn...not a good week for the guy. What people do not realize is that even if Leodis took a knee the Patriots still had four timeouts(including the two minute warning) left. If the Bills did not get a first down, which would have been highly likely knowing Mr. Mind's play calling in these situations before, the Patriots probably would have had well over a minute and a half to march down field for a score. A minute and a half is an eternity to a surgeon like Brady. I am now starting what I will call Mr. Mind's unemployment clock...We have tee minus fifteen to go before he is launched.
3) I just watched a video starring Glen Beck of Fox News fame which was recommended to me by my brother Prince Blamski. My god, watching it was like watching Senator Joseph McCarthy all over again. Are we really going to go back in time and start rooting around for communists again??? I do not recall Fox News rooting around for right wing fascists when President Bush was in office. Its time for both parties to jettison their radical wings and for the moderates to start working together. Only then will government work for the people. I recommend to Glen Beck to watch the 1962 version of the Manchurian Candidate to see how foolish Senator Eislin looked looking for his commies. Now that was a good movie!!! The Tea Party scenes were the best and Kheigh Deigh, soon to become Steve McGarrett's nemesis Wo Fat, was at his notorious best.
4) I did not report on my golf outing last week so I will sum it up in three words...stink, stank, stunk. Except for a brilliantly played shot from behind a tree on ten it was a day to forget. Tomorrow is supposed to be a gorgeous day, maybe I will play better, but then again, maybe I should bring my McCulloch just in case.
5) I am glad that the Congress decided to stop funding ACORN. Even Senator Franken voted for the ceasing of their funding. There are too many bad apples in the ACORN basket at this time to allow continued funding of this group. The ACORN tree needs to be clean out thoroughly from any squirrels before any thought of resuming funding can be allowed. If funding is ever resumed the group needs to be monitored closely for any further bad apples.
6) Health Care- Senator Baucus' finally unveiled his bill on Wednesday and it was immediately assailed by both sides. Hmmm, maybe this bill could be a pretty good start since both sides do not like it. I am sure there are many needed tweeks that must be made but it could be the ground work for something that both sides might eventually swallow.
7) Can we really afford the rate hikes that RG&E and NYSEG are asking for? They say the money would go for infrastructure improvement but I would bet that a lot of the money will go to executive pay raises and bonuses. Lets hope the Public Service Commission rules against or severely reduces their request. I am very sick and tired tired of hearing a sucking noise, that seems to get louder, every time I open my wallet. I am poor enough as it is thanks to my lovely, and expensive, Queen.
Well, I hope you have enjoyed my random thoughts as much as I enjoyed typing them out with my two little fingers. This is your King saying good day from the Palace and have a happy!

No comments: