Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween from Moronica

1) The Palace had 99 visitors seeking treats tonight. seven more than last year but, I just wanted that one more to crack 100. Oh well, maybe next year.
2) I caught part of the Montreal vs. Toronto hockey game tonight on the Hockey Channel. In this game Montreal was wearing one of their throwback uniforms. This uniform has to be one of the most godawful things ever designed. It looked like Toronto was playing the Montreal Correctional Facility inmate team. It is even worse than the Sabre's Banana Slug design and that is saying a lot.
3) The Palace set a record today in political mailings. I received nine of the bloody things. I normally hate them but the one I liked the most said probably the most truthful thing that a political mailing has said..That Sue Swanton supports cuts to our Police Dept. Electing her will be a big error. And once again, in another mailing, our hero Steve Tucciarello managed to pass a law limiting spending increases. Sounds like he is a one man show on the County Council. Another one said that Frank Muscato was guilty...I never knew he went to trial. Another one had Bob Duffy supporting Frank...This is Gates and I could care less who Bob Duffy supports. Stick to the city Bob where I think you probably have enough headaches of your own. Another one said that Mark McIntee, Sue Swanton and Donald Hunter have a plan. The last time someone had a plan was in the movie 'Tremors' and Fred Ward had a plan..or was it Kevin Bacon, well whoever it was at least they had a plan. So if Gates ever has big worm creatures attacking it I will definitely vote for the democrats, but until then, I do not think so.
4) I am in the middle of the last big leaf raking job of the season. I would have finished it today but it was too bloody windy but I did use the wind to my advantage for once by raking with it. It was easier but there was no way that I could have laid a tarp down as I would have been chasing it all across Gates. I am not in shape for that. The trees are now bare enough so that I can go on the roof and clean out the gutters for the winter. Boy it sure would be nice if I had a royal gutter cleaner but I am a cheap bastard and will do it myself. So, if you see a big dummy on a roof in Gates with a big hump on his back it will probably be me wearing my royal parachute.
5) Your King had his visit to the Royal Gastroenterologist on Friday and came out of the exam with a perfect colon. It was probably the easiest thing you can ever do..except for the day before when you cannot eat and you have to drink that special witch's brew to clean out your system. The last time my colon was this clean was fifty one years ago when I popped out. At least now I get a pass for ten more years before the next one. What a joy it was when the Queen had a Palermo's sub waiting for me when I got home. I think I set a time record in eating it as it was gone in a heartbeat. It needed more mayo which drives me nuts. I always ask for extra mayo and wherever I get a sub they never put enough extra on. Is there a mayo shortage that I am unaware of? Are we rationing mayo? If someone asks for extra mayo why can't they give extra mayo? DiRosatos is famous for skimping on the mayo. Their subs would be excellent if they put enough mayo on them but Palermos would still beat them. Give me my mayo! Boy did I do one hell of a segway on this one. Its probably the first time in blog history that someone wrote about having a clean colon and wanting extra mayo in the same paragraph.
6) Well, your King has remembered to set his clocks back tonight so that is why you are getting this extra special late blog tonight. I hope you all remembered to set yours back. Nothing like spending that extra hour in bed.
Speaking of bed, your King has now run out of garbage to write so I am wishing all of you a pleasant night and a happy Halloween...BOOOOOO!

No comments: