Friday, October 23, 2009

Troubled Gates Beavers Sadden Your King

Its that time of the year where plenty of trees are taken down, converted to paper and then used in political mailings. Fewer trees means plenty of unhappy beavers but I digress. I have to say the number of mailings that I have received here at the Palace is amazing. Every day I receive between two to six of these things in my mail. Mostly they are for the race between Frank Muscato and Steve Tucciarello. Today's count is two for Frank, one for Steve and one general GOP mailing. I normally use these to line my guinea pig's cage but even she is getting nauseated.
Lets take a look at Frank's mailings for today. In the first mailing he again brings up Robutrad and rakes Frank Allkofer and Elaine Tette over the coals again. These two people are victims and it is a shame that their names are brought up again and again in these mailings. I am sure that if they knew what was going on, when they hired out their work, they would have searched elsewhere to have their needed work done. And what does Robutrad have to do with the race for Monroe County Council anyways. The mailing makes it look like the only thing Robutrad did was house jobs for family, friends and fellow Republicans. That was not the case. Robutrad is a Barbaro (i.e. dead horse) so stop whipping it. Besides, even though Robert Morone was the GOP chairman of Gates that has NOTHING to do with the officials that were elected in Gates that had the unfortunate luck of knowing that Mr. Morone had friends who could do PAID FOR work for them. Friends of Morone that, at the time, were on the County payroll unbeknownst to them.
In the second mailing he actually brings up a point in saying that Steve voted for Maggie's un-F.A.I.R. plan. Maggie rammed this through and then got it booted by the Appellate Court. Steve could have really impressed me by voting against it but he did not. It would be nice to see some GOP and Democrat members of the council that have an independent mind instead of always voting along party lines. Bipartisan work, I guess, is just a figment of our imagination. So in terms of Frank's mailings he is two for two in attacks on Steve.
Now lets take a look at Steve's mailing for the day. It points out that he supported programs that brought jobs to Gates. It says that Adecco USA, Inc. brought 200 new jobs to Gates. I guess that is good. It also lists Johnson and Johnson which is crappola as Johnson and Johnson has been in Rochester before Steve was elected to office so that is a strike there. The same with Sentry Group with 400 local jobs. He supported programs that protected these jobs. Can someone tell me what the programs were that protected these jobs? But to give Steve credit there was nothing attacking his opponent. Kudos.
Lets take a look at the general GOP mailing for Mark Assini, Elaine T. and Frank A. It did not attack anyone which is good and pointed out a few things in their favor. OK, I can live with that.
Lets look at the score - two attack mailings by the democrats none of which even stated any kind of issue other than scandals and the infamous un-F.A.I.R. plan. Two normal mailings from the GOP attacking no one and striving to put out a positive atmosphere. Hmm, as a life long middle of the road lefty I must say that I am sick of these attack mailings so please send me a mailing that gives me a reason to vote for you Frank instead of giving me reasons not to vote for Steve. Robutrad reasons that have no bearing on Steve's record in the Council should not be brought up in any future mailings.
Now getting back to saving trees for our troubled Gates beavers, maybe its time they put out some barrels on the corner of the streets in Gates so we can deposit out mailings so that they can be recycled properly or at least they can give us some return to sender bags so we can send them back from whence they came so they can reuse them again next election time. Hey, lets see how many miles(years) they can get out of Robutrad.
Ugh, I hate these political blogs as they make me nauseous, but then again, not as nauseous as watching a typical Bill's game this year. This is your King, just stating the facts, ma'am. Good night.

No comments: