Tuesday, November 10, 2009

DC Sniper Put Out of Our Misery

Your King wants to be serious in the content this latest blog. Sometimes you just have to take a break from moronica to say something that really needs to be addressed.
In one of the faster paced executions that I can think of the State of Virginia executed the DC sniper today. It only took seven years to go from capture on October 24, 2002 to today's execution. Not too shabby in this day and age of endless appeals. This man, John Allen Muhammad and his little buddy Lee Boyd Malvo terrorized the DC area for quite a while and were responsible for a minimum of ten killings. They were also suspected for other killings in four other states across the country. It was a stroke of good fortune that these homicidal maniacs were finally caught and their reign of terror ended. He got what he truly deserved today. Thank you Virginia.
The big question is why his little buddy Malvo got only a life sentence is beyond me. The reason is that he was only 17 at the time of the killings, and the U.S. Supreme Court has barred the execution of juveniles, but an exception should have been made in this case. In this case I feel that it is a big mistake for him to be getting a life sentence as he should be sitting on old sparky too as he is an admitted killer. He admitted to killing a man on a golf course in Phoenix at the urging of Muhammad. The family of this man were at Muhammad's execution today. To paraphrase a family member of that man 'they saw my father take his last breath, it is only fair that we see him take his'. I feel deeply for the loss and pain that Muhammad has caused that family and the many others that were affected by his killing spree. His execution will not bring back their father but it will bring some amount of closure to them. But closure will not be complete until Malvo takes his last breath. It is a dirty rotten shame that taxpayers will be paying for his room and board until he does.
I am a man of deep consciousness but I have no problem seeing a man like Muhammad get his just desserts. May he rot in hell.

2 comments:

repoman said...

I am fully in agreement with the King on this one.

I was actually surprised when I read of his un-lamented demise. I was frankly happy to learnthat there are still a few states which understand that society has a right to retribution against misanthropes like the DC Sniper.

I sincerly hope that Major Nidal gets the needle, as well. Or, maybe they still shoot convicted murders in the Army. Either way is OK by me.

King Dinglefritz said...

The Question is 'which entity' is going to be lucky enough to get the chance to put Major Nidal's ass on 'Old Sparky". Will it be the Military? Will it be the Feds? Or will it be the state of Texas? I am rooting for Texas as they are always more than happy to schedule someone for execution. I am hoping the Major Nidal gets a prime place on that schedule.