Wednesday, November 4, 2009

GOP Routs Dems in Gates Elections

When it was all said and done people saw through the rhetoric spewed by the Gates democratic candidates this election season. The vast majority saw through McIntee's thinly veiled screen and knew that if he became Supervisor the Gates Police Dept. would soon become a historic footnote. It has been noted that the vast majority of the people in this town want the Police and also want the services that are provided by the town to continue as is.
When the ballots were counted Mark Assini won by a nearly two to one margin over McIntee. Sue Swanton and her library dreams went the way of the passenger pigeon. After four tries for office it looks like her time has come and gone. Frank A. and Elaine T. kicked unexpected butt in their election bids. Robutrad be damned! It was party time at Repoman's house and the Wild Turkey probably flowed generously.
The GOP in Gates ran a nice and clean campaign. And cleanliness is next to godliness Bugs Bunny says and everyone loves Bugs! During an election I want to be enlightened as to why I should vote FOR certain candidate, not why I should vote against someone. I am a lifelong Democrat, and though I did not register in that party when I moved back to NY after a short sojourn in Utah, I will vote that party if I have no preference. This time I had a preference and your King has expressed it continually for the past month in this silly blog. Gates must continue to be run by the GOP and it will be. Mark Assini, I am sure, will do a fantastic job for the residents of Gates and Moronica during his term(s) in office.
Maggie Brooks, however, is blaming Washington for the voters decision to turn on the Dems here in Monroe County but that is vastly incorrect as it was the local issues that determined the outcome of the local elections. I voted GOP not because of Obama but because of where the Gates Dems stood on various issues. Issues that separated them clearly from where the GOP stood in which I happened to agree with. Now I can state honestly that I have never been to a Gates GOP sausage roast and had any of their DNA changing sausages so my opinion is honest and genuine. The Dems failed to check to pulse of their constituents and paid for it with a clear spanking. Maybe next time they will learn. If they do I will be waiting to cast my vote for them.....maybe.
And that's the way it is Wednesday November 4, 2009. This is the King of Moronica wishing you a pleasant evening!

3 comments:

repoman said...

How did you learn about the sausages?

repoman said...

It is interesting that the Gates Democrats regressed in this year's election. We have not won with this kind of majority for a decade.

repoman said...

The DNA changing sausages are supposed to be a well-kept secret. Who let the cat out of the bag?