Sunday, March 28, 2010

I Play Golf so I know all of the Words.

This March is about to set a record. According to the U.S. Weather Service there has been no measurable snow this month. Usually March is capable of producing some of this areas worst storms. Dare I bring up the Superstorm of 1993 and the Great Blizzard of 1999 but this month has been a lamb. The record lowest amount of snow in the month of March is nine tenths of an inch and unless there is some tomorrow this March will set a record.
What does that mean??? GOLF sooner than ever this spring. They say that by the end of this week we may hit 70 degrees and the urge to start whacking that ball around is driving me nuts. If the local par three course is open next weekend I will be there on Saturday and if the guys are playing, and the weather continues to cooperate, maybe a trip to Geneseo will be in the offing next Sunday. Your King is looking forward to a better year of golf than he had last year as I pretty much sucked eggs on the course. Other than a few flashes of my old self I pretty much hacked my way around the courses last year. Nothing is more frustrating than knowing what you have done in the past and then playing like a chump. I can hit the ball like a pro but my accuracy was bad and my short game touch was abysmal. This is a new year with new hopes so who knows, maybe my old self will reappear...but I doubt that knowing my luck as that black cloud continues to hover over my head. Hopefully that black cloud will be gone before the end of spring. I can only hope.
Have a happy from the King of Moronica.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say we close the office on the first nice, dry day and have a low-stakes skins tournament out on the course.


-Hutch

King Dinglefritz's Blog of Moronica said...

This Saturday @ 8:00 the fun begins. My friend Auggie called and said it was time. I agreed. I have never met a divot I didn't like someone once said. I think it was Moe but I may be wrong.