Monday, November 12, 2012

Free Beer!!! or "Maybe This Title Will Get Me More Readers Through Googling"

1) Your King has a rather crappy day at work today, most of it due to Superstorm Sandy, so I really looked forward to getting home today. So what did your King get when he got home? I will tell you. My neighbor's kid thinks he is the reincarnation of Ringo Starr, I know he is not dead but if he listened to this guy it would kill him, and he has been banging away at his drums since I got home to just about now when he finally stopped. Jeez, one Saturday I had a 'great' four hour concert provided by this Beatle wannabe from 5:30 to 9:30. This has been going on for the past three months or so making me a little extra ornery after every concert and my orneriness has been building. Now I know I am not the world's most pleasant fellow to deal with but with the luck I have been having over the last ten or so years I may as well get a job as a bomb dis-armer. At least that way if I make a mistake I don't continually keep paying for it over the years. Maybe some day my luck will change...but probably not. So I guess I am destined to stay ornery.
2) Ryan Fitzpatrick does it again!!! Nobody is better at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory than old Ryan. The intended receiver tried to cover for his buddy but there is no question that Ryan Fitzpatrick sucks when the game is on the line. Why in hell is the idiot throwing to a rookie on such a key play??? Why isn't Spiller getting the ball?? Stevie Johnson?? Or Tight End Chandler who always seems to get open in the end zone?? Only 13 touches over the entire game for the Bill's most dynamic player, C. J. Spiller. Incredible. Looks like the Bills may have hit a home run with that pick but it won't be confirmed until they put away the wiffle bat and use him properly. He should get a few more touches Thursday as poor Fred Jackson has been answering the phone all day, well maybe not really but his head has been ringing since the whap he took at the end of yesterday's game.
3) There are two great commercials that are on the air right now. The first involves a poor white sap that has the name Michael Jordan. Everywhere he goes and whatever gets delivered to him people are so disappointed in this Mr. Jordan. Funny! Also the commercial where the tattooed free spinning and kicking MMA maniac gets to fight the rather staid opponent. He refuses to tap gloves at the beginning and then goes into his spinning and kicking self. The opponent blocks the kick and holds the guys leg while he delivers a knockout punch. Very funny.
4) Golfed Sunday. Pretty much the same scores as Saturday shooting a 90 with the same plus one D'Aprile ranking but unlike Saturday, which was pretty much a model of consistency, Sunday was an Oreo cookie with the first four and last four holes the crappy wafer cookie but the cream filling was delicious. I was psyched to par the dreaded 12th hole. That always puts a smile on my face.
5) If the Mayans really did predict the end of the world on December 21, 2012, and were as smart as the historians think they were, why didn't they say it was going to end on January 20, 2013 when Obama takes his second oath of office?? From the rhetoric of a certain group of people you would think that the Mayans were right but off by thirty days.We have had good presidents and we have had crappy presidents but the country keeps rolling along.
6) The National Weather Service has now decided to name winter storms. In the last week or so we have had Athena and Brutus hit the country. Athena buried the already mashed up east coast while Brutus blasted the upper Rockies and northern plains with very much needed snow in that drought stricken area. What will be next for the National Weather Service to name? Maybe they should name mostly sunny days here in the Rochester area as they would only need to use about four or five names a year.
Time to get ready to watch some feetball and some stupid pro wrasslin. What I should do is go to bed early and get a good night's sleep to get me raring to catch up on what I couldn't do today at work. When you work almost two extra hours, on a Monday no less, and feel like you have accomplished nothing that hurts my ego. That said it is time to shut down for the evening. Moronica Uber Alles!!!!!

No comments: