Sunday, November 4, 2012

King vs. Leaves...Leaves WIN!!!

The backyard raking season is finally over. Usually your King feels very good about what he has accomplished in ridding Moronica of the leafy menace. Not this year as the leaves have fought back with a vengeance and are being credited with the victory. Thanks to the leafy menace my back aches, my shoulders hurt and my hands feel like they belong to someone else and were just attached to my arms. Not withstanding though the back yard looks great, except for where the remnants of the neighbor's tree still sit. I will peck away at it over time and slowly get rid of it. Oh the joys of owning just a little hand saw. I also cleaned out the culvert area where the creek flows under the road. Nothing like finding out that your boots leak and your feet are getting a serious cold soak. But I cleaned it out and the water is flowing nicely and I felt so much better soon afterward when I took a nice hot shower. As they say a clean King is not a stinky King.
I am glad that I finished it up Saturday as today was the first day where we had some decent flurry activity. The first snowfall is always fun to watch but now I could care less if I ever see again. I doubt very much that we will have a winter like we had last year where winter was pretty much a no-show. The last week has been very cold, very wet and very crappy here in Moronica. That only adds to the aches and pains in your aging King's body. The forecasters are predicting a cold, wet and crappy November and that usually means that it will be warm and sunny. Something tells me that they will get it right this time.
Your King is thinking about getting one of those Teeter Hangups that they advertise on TV for my aching back. Please, if any of my readers have ever tried this device I would like your feedback before I get one. I would rather not raid the Treasury of Moronica for something that people do not recommend but if it gets good reviews then I will authorize its purchase. But then again maybe dangling upside down for ten minutes a day will improve the blood flow to my brain and return it to normal. We can only hope.

No comments: