Friday, November 2, 2012

King vs. Sandy and Other Trivial Crap

1) Well, Superstorm Sandy has come and gone, well not quite as it has changed the local weather pattern and we are now colder and wetter than we would have been if Sandy never made an appearance. Moronica did suffer some damage from Sandy and your King is still cleaning up Moronican soil from the debris left by that big bag of wind. I had this Friday off, as I was hoping when I scheduled it to play golf, and spent the afternoon trying to clean up. Half of my back yard looks nice while the other half still looks like hell. I have big pieces of half a tree in my back yard compliments of the town park that Moronica abuts. What is even worse is that this piece of tree took out the electricity for 17 hours(kudos to RG&E for getting Moronica up and running again so quickly!!) AND it was located behind my neighbor's yard. But, with my luck running as bad as usual, the bulk of it ended up in my yard. And, of course, the only saw I have is a piece of crap little hand saw. That ought to do the cleanup job nice and quick, don't you think??
What is funny is that at work we have someone there by the nickname of Sandy so his Halloween costume, pretty much, just fell into his lap. He just put on a shirt with a hurricane symbol and made a mess wherever he went. He won the prize. Your King, however, spared no expense in getting a great Spiderman costume, so good in fact that some people STILL do not know that it was me, and put on a fun show when it was time to present the costume. Obviously the secret voters were anti-monarchists and your King ended up in the toilet. Maybe I should have raided the Moronican treasury and offered a few bribes. What I should have done was save my Spongebob costume from ten years ago as that was a great piece of home made work and wowed everyone and used that. Well, being that I do this every ten years, I have plenty of time to make a better costume. So I guess I lost a double header to Sandy.
2) The NHL is locked out but who cares. I like hockey but I am not missing it at this time. Maybe when the MLS playoffs are over my attitude may change but I doubt it. Last year was the famous MSG vs. Time-Warner battle and I lost my Sabres for over a month but I really did not miss it, though I did love writing about it. Now we have MSG but, again, I do not have my Sabres. Maybe the NHL had better get its act together before more and more fans do not care about it. Oh well, there is always the EPL (English Premier League) on the Fox Soccer Channel for me to enjoy.
3) The Bills suck. The Bills signed Claude Rains, I mean Mario Williams to an ungodly contract but he sucks. The defense sucks. QB Ryan Fitzpatrick makes me long for the days of Dennis Shaw and Gary Marangi. The only bright spot is the running game with Jackson and Spiller. Why Coach Gailey, now to be known as Mr. Moron much to my disappointment, gives the two of them together only about twenty carries a game baffles me. These two guys get big chunks of yardage whenever they run the ball. They should get at least 35 total carries a game, apiece would be nice, and keep the ball out of Fitzpatrick's feeble hands as much as possible. The Bills will run the ball twice, get two first downs and then have Fitz try three straight passes in order to allow them punt the ball away. Now THAT is coaching!!! Run the fuzucking ball until they load up the defense to stop you, then pass. Not Mr. Moron as he runs the ball enough only to set up the punt in a better position.
Ugh. Time to go back to the couch and relax. Enough crappola for tonight from my fingers. Have a pleasant evening my friends!!

PS:  Claude Rains played the Invisible Man to all of you morons that did not know that. If you did my compliments to you!

No comments: