Friday, November 9, 2012

The Election is Over. Thank Goodness!!!!!

Well, President Obama gets four more years as our leader. I guess it was only fair since we gave Bush four extra years. I was actually quite surprised at the outcome of this election as I half expected Mitt Romney to win. As I sat and watched the returns come in the swing states that the GOP hoped would fall into their lap went blue. I was picturing our favorite blowhard, Rush Limbaugh, crying in his oatmeal as Obama was gathering electoral votes like I gather chocolate around the office where I work. Let us hope the President and the GOP can find a way to work together to move the USA forward instead of their constant bickering leading us nowhere.
The Tea Party, once again, cost the GOP senate seats that it hoped to gain in order to promote their agenda to curing our ills. A good chunk of Americans think the Tea Partiers are an overzealous, way too far to the right, group of folks. Pandering to this small sect is killing the GOP as they constantly get pulled farther to the right by them. Only time will tell what kind of party the GOP will morph into.
Around here Maggie Brooks does it again. I was listening to the Lonsberry show today on the radio when he reported about Maggie's nonsense, and yes I do listen to Bob and I enjoy his show even though I do not agree with him often. But when, Ultra conservative WHAM radio talk show host, Bob Lonsberry said he called Louise Slaughter's office and apologized to her saying that she was right, in her TV political ads, about corruption in Monroe County Government you have to take a step back. Even though Maggie denies it, blatant cronyism strikes again with the Monroe County Water Authority as Maggie appointed another pure blooded republican to the post of Assistant Director of the Authority. Now this post had gone unfilled for the past 6 years and the Authority was doing fine without it but, only two days after the election where Maggie got her ass kicked, this post was amazingly filled by Bill Carpenter. Bill was the town supervisor of either Pittsford or Penfield, and even though he may be well qualified to hold this position, this appointment reeks of cronyism. First of all she could have done we taxpayers right by eliminating the position and using the funds elsewhere but no, she did us wrong but does she really care? She cannot run again for Monroe County Executive due to term limits so she can do what she wants without fear of facing the music again..Unless she wants to run for Congress again and this crass appointment will doom her unless she can come up with a better explanation than the lame one she provided today. 
I really hate writing about politics but at least this election seems to have gotten your King's juices flowing again to add to this site on a more regular basis. Hopefully with more interesting stuff than this tripe I have written about today. I have to get my dry sense of humor along with my sarcastic cynicism back up to snuff again.
Ok, let us ask a question that needs an honest answer: If you get 'rear-ended' in San Francisco will Celino and Barnes be there to 'help' you?
Now, after that lame attempt at humor I will end this crap for the night. Maybe I will write next about the moron cop that wrote a ticket to the parent of a 3 year old when the kid decided to take a leak outside. That ticket may cost the parent $2,500 if wiser heads do not prevail. Only in America.. Good night folks.

No comments: