Friday, November 18, 2011

Krap from your King

1) We had our first real snow last night. It was only a coating but it forewarns us of what is down the road. Still, your King will try to play a little golf tomorrow. It is supposed to be rather nice out so why not and early reports for next weekend say it is going to be rather mild again. I will try to walk nine holes and with my back that will be an adventure. I hope to strengthen it over the winter so I can walk 18 all of the time. It is more fun and better for you. Riding the cart blows.
2) Your King has appointed a Royal Major Domo for the realm of Moronica. The appointee is a very wise and articulate person who will represent Moronica well. While I am not at liberty to announce his/her name this person is an excellent addition to my staff. Now to see if I can find a new queen.  That may be a tad harder.
3) Put up the Royal Christmas Lights last night. I went outside to take a look to see if they hung well. Not even thinking about it as I was stringing them up I hung them up in the form of an "M". I guess it stands for Moronica so if you are driving around Gates and see a house with a big "M" in the window you may have located my Kingdom but keep driving as I am not signing autographs.
4) As I am typing this the population of Pominville has been upped to eight.
5) Today's entry in 'If they only had Twitter" features the famous last tweet of Mrs. O'Leary back in 1871.
6:15pm - Mrs. O'Leary - milker - "Getting ready for another night of pulling teats. Oh, crap. Bessy just knocked over a lantern. I better take care of it before it...oh oh..I gotta go...fast."
And so much for Mrs. O'Leary's last tweet and for a good chunk of Chicago too.
This is your King wishing you all to have a pleasant evening.

No comments: