Monday, November 14, 2011

Moronican Sports Report...Oh Joy!!

This will probably bore everyone but your King has some comments about the recent happenings in the world of sports and if you are patient I think the new edition of 'If they only had Twitter' could be pretty good, but knowing me it will probably be el stinko, so here goes:
1) The Buffalo Sabres thoroughly disappointed your King this past Saturday when they played the Boston Bruins in Beantown. Milan Lucic decided to mash Sabre goalie Ryan Miller when he came out to clear away a puck. Lucic made no effort to avoid Miller and purposely lowered his shoulder into him in an attempt to turn out his lights. What really bothered me after the hit, for which Lucic only received a two minute minor and should have gotten a five minute major for an attempt to injure, was that the Sabres basically did nothing to defend their goalie. The Sabres turned into pussies for the rest of the game. I expected something to erupt but nothing did. That bothers me as Miller, though he has not played well lately, is a vital cog to the Sabres drive to the playoffs. To just let that hit go without nary a whimper from the team makes me wonder about this team's heart. Do they have one? Maybe we shall see the next time the play those asses from Boston.
2) The NBA's lockout continues. The players union vetoed the latest offer. Does anyone really care if the NBA ever plays again? Not I. If they never play again I will not miss it and hey, maybe it will open more dates in key arenas for tractor pulls. We can only hope, yeah right. Tractor pulls??? LOL!!!
3) The Bills laid a gigundous egg this past Sunday. I really believed they could give Dallas a game and actually beat them. Boy was your King wrong about that. They just plain stunk. It looks like opposing defenses have caught on to the Bills' short passing game offense. Not having a deep threat is killing the Bills right now. Fitzgerald did try to go deep once to with a throw to Spiller but the perfectly thrown ball fell incomplete when Spiller tripped over his shoelaces as the ball got to him. Pathetic.
4) Your King does have a few comments about the Penn State situation but I think I will save the majority for a full blog in the near future. All I will say right now that if I had my way Jerry Sandusky's member would be chopped off and burnt. The ass deserves the death penalty for what he has done to those kids. If I was the one who caught him in the shower that day he would not be around right now. More to come later.
5) OK here is, I hope, the bright spot of today's blog. In this edition of 'If they only had Twitter' we present the tweets of Captain Bligh from that infamous day. Let us hope I can do it justice and it would help if you knew a bit about what led up to the mutiny. For that I highly recommend the Charles Laughton movie version of 'Mutiny on the Bounty". Laughton was perfect for the role and gave Bligh life.
6:00am Captain Bligh - Bounty - "Hope I can get a decent days work out of the jackals today. Need to get these breadfruit trees back and quickly"
8:25am - Bligh - "I hear a ruckus amongst the rats, will find out and give them the cat-o-nine tails. That will quiet them down."
8:29am - Bligh- "Someone breaking into quarters."
9:48am - Bligh - "Set adrift in life raft by that mutinous dog Christian. I will hunt him down and see that he hangs from the highest yardarm!!"
9:49am - Fletcher Christian - reply- "I do not think so you fat pig, There ain't land for thousands of miles. Good bye and good riddance."
9:51am - Bligh - "Set me adrift will you Mr. Christian?? If you are still reading this I will see that you rot in hell."
9:52am - Christian - reply - "Better start having your pals get rowing fatty. You should too as it may help you lose weight. Besides, I am giving the crew an extra ration of cheese from your stash. And kiss your trees goodbye. They are getting tossed. LOL!!"
9:55am - Bligh - "You are a bastard Fletcher Christian. There will be no place on Earth where you will be safe from my wrath."
9:56 am - Christian - reply - "'Fat' chance. I hope your ipad battery runs out soon."
And so on and so forth the banter may have went, until Bligh's battery did run out. If they only had Twitter back then this could have been recorded for history but we shall never know exactly what was said between Fletcher Christian and Captain Bligh as Christian loaded him onto that lifeboat. Wish I could have made it a bit funnier. Oh well. This is your King wishing you a pleasant evening.

No comments: