Monday, November 28, 2011

Royal Droppings and Your King Kraps on Stevie Johnson

1) The Buffalo Bills' wide receiver Stevie Johnson's contract is up at the end of the season. He has been squawking that he wants to be paid like a big time receiver. Well, after watching yesterday's debacle and looking back at last year's Bills-Steelers game the Bills had better not pay him like one. Yesterday was the second game where he single handedly cost the Bills a victory. His antics in the endzone after a TD and his key clanks with his hands of stone show that he is NOT a big time receiver. If I were Buddy Nix, at the contract talks with Stevie's agent after the season, I would hand his agent a contract and then show him tape of Stevie's fine drop against the Steelers in OT, his antics after the touchdown with a focus on the penalty flag, the results of the following kickoff thanks to that penalty and his big clank with thirty seconds left that really cost the Bills the game. After that Buddy should say you can either sign that contract or take a hike, personally I would like to see Mr. Johnson hit the road. As I have said before receivers of Stevie's ilk are a dime a dozen and he is certainly not worth the big time bucks he will probably demand from the Bills at the end of the year. Money that should be spent on a nice three year contract for Fred Jackson. What I would like to see, if numbnuts scores another touchdown for the Bills this season, is for him to hand the ball to the ref, accept congrats from his team mates and trot off the field like someone with a bit of maturity. But I doubt that will ever happen with Ol' hands of stone, Mr. Showboat Stevie Johnson.
2) Your King played bonus golf this weekend. On Friday I went to Bristol Harbour for the first time and, even though my putter went on strike, had a good time. Had a few good shots but played a rather ordinary round. My four iron from out of the fairway bunker on three to the fringe of the green was my highlight of the day. The back nine there was very interesting with a couple of holes that rank among the prettiest that I have ever played. On Saturday my usual group got together and played at Livingston. Again, if I could putt, I would have had a good round but it was an average score with your King hitting his point total right on the nose. But scoring was good that day and I ended up fifth and, probably, done for the season. The next weekend is in December and while the weekend looks like it will be nice it will be very cold with highs around forty. If I couldn't putt with temps in the mid fifties I can only imagine how bad I would be with the temps that much colder. But it was a fun season and the most I have golfed in season for a long, long time.
3) A friend, okay my ex queen, requested that I make her a pot of clam chowder this Sunday, or I would have bored your with a Sunday golf report too. I do not know what happened but this batch was one of the best I had ever made. It was perfection. I told my ex queen that I will keep this batch and make her another but she vetoed that idea. Since she was willing to buy most of the ingredients for it I broke down and agreed to make it for her. Even though I cannot putt I can still cook. At least that will get me through this, soon to be arriving, long winter.
4) In this lame segment of 'If they only had Twitter' we look at a twitter day in the life of famous football coach Vince Lombardi.
4:17pm - Vince Lombardi - Coach - "Big game tomorrow, told guys they had a ten o'clock curfew and had better be in bed by then. Will do a quick check after curfew."
11:15pm - Vince L. - " Caught Max McGee sneaking back in after curfew. Fined him $500 on the spot. Told him the next time the fine will be $1,000. Also told him if there was something that was worth a $1,000 fine to get me and I would go with him."
3:11am - Vince L. - "Still with Max at the nudie bar. Just ran out of dollar bills from the grand that I got from Max. Next time I will get a bigger fine from Max and have more fun."
While I cannot imagine Vince going to the nudie bar after curfew with Max, it has to be said that Max McGee was quite the character with the Packers in the 1960's.
Well that is enough crap from the mind of your King today. Nothing like a day off from work to get a few things done that you cannot get done during a weekend along with writing this bull crap. This is your King wishing you a great day!

No comments: