Monday, November 21, 2011

Royal Droppings

1) Adding a bit more garbage about my trip to see the Rochester Lancers play this past Saturday I had to laugh and laugh watching coach Billy Andracki of the Lancers during the game. I swear that he was going to burst an aneurysm during the first half as he was constantly hollering at the refs and deservedly so. You could see the veins bulging out on his bald head. The refs were pretty bad that game and almost lost control of it. Andracki was smart and sat Rey Martinez for most of the second half or there may have been a riot. Martinez played a pretty chippy first half but it was fun.
2) Sydney Crosby finally returned to the ice tonight. He is the gifted center for the Pittsburgh Penguins and after one period he has a goal and an assist. At this rate he should be back to where he should be as the league's top scorer by December 10.
3) I thought the Bills two prior games were bad but this past Sunday's game against the Miami Dolphins took the cake. The Bills were absolutely pathetic. Ever since Fitzpatrick signed the new contract he has been El Stinko. But then again, he had plenty of company in that category during the game. Runners who could not run, receivers who could not catch and a defense that makes a kitchen sieve look solid. At the peak of their run I still figured 8-8 would be a good record but I cannot even see them winning another game right now. Too many injuries and a lack of talent are killing them. But, they are still my team.
4) My royal niece is on her way, well she should be there by now since she left yesterday, to Europe for ten days. Where were trips like these when I was a kid? Kids nowadays have everything. If I had the soccer programs back in my day that they have today I think I could have become one hell of a goalie, or even a field player but I never got the chance. All I had was 'summer soccer' for a few weeks where we would just pick up teams and kick the crap out of the ball. No coaching was involved but it got us out of our parents hair for a couple of hours. Oh to be a kid again instead of the crabby, old fart King that I have become.
5) Okay. Here is the next installment of 'If they only had Twitter'. This one probably is el stinko as I really haven't sat and thought about these episodes much lately but it is mostly moronic, like me. Let us go back sixty five million years ago and see a day in the twitter life of Tyrannosaurus Rex:
7:15am - Tyrannosaurus Rex - "Another day, another triceratops to try to find, kill and eat. Time to go to work!"
10:27am - T-Rex - "Good news!! I can take the rest of the day off!!! My mate bagged a Brontosaurus for dinner. I would give her a hug but my arms are too short."
2:19pm - T-Rex - "Bronto was great. Mate is giving me the twinkling eye. I think I know what she wants....time to pay her for the dinner. Wink. Wink."
5:39pm - T-Rex - " Big bright light in the sky going overhead."
5:43pm - T-Rex - "What the hell was that.??? Knocked me off my feet. Oh crap!!! what is that heading this wa...."
Well, what started out to be a good day in the life of Mr. T-Rex did not end so well as we would have found out if they only had Twitter in the time of the dinosaurs.
So ends another moronic blog from the mind of your King. Have a pleasant evening.

1 comment:

repoman said...

T-Rex never saw it coming!