Saturday, November 19, 2011

Your King Survives!!!! Barely.

Well, your King did decide to go golfing today and it was bonus golf as the season is officially over at the Country Club. I had only planned on playing nine holes as the riding carts have been stored for the season. Being a King I needed to use the riding carts as I have the curse of royalty. I am a touch fat and lazy...just look at Henry VIII for example. It is not just being a little fat and lazy but your King does not have the world's best back as it does not take much to incite a flareup of my bulging disc. Still that did not deter me from trying to play today.
As I said I had only planned on playing nine holes as I felt I could handle the walk and for the most part it went very well so I decided to play the second nine. I felt good enough at the turn and said 'lets do it' for the back nine. The last two holes were tough as my feet and neck got a bit sore but I survived. I ended up shooting a 93, which is in my normal range of scoring. I had opportunities to score on the front nine. I had a twenty five foot eagle putt on six, after a great drive and a brilliant five iron to the green but I had no touch with the putter all day and that sucked. I left that stupid putt four feet short and it was perfectly on line, and then, moronically, missed my birdie putt. I had a few other opportunities for birds but, again, I sucked at putting. Oh well it was still fun and it turned out for the best that I did not enter the little tourney that we usually play amongst us.
I definitely plan on working this off season to strengthen my back muscles, and lose some weight, as I would much rather walk the course. Riding the cart blows and I am sick and tired of feeling feeble. Exercise is where it is at and I got a load of it today. I will probably be a bit stiff for the next couple of days but it will be a good stiff....from a workout.
Your King is hoping to go to see the Rochester Lancers indoor soccer team tonight. I have always loved to watch soccer and it is good to have the Lancers back. I used to watch the Lancer's outdoor team back in the late '70s and enjoyed it greatly. Watching stars like Mike Stojanovic, Pele, Franz Beckenbauer and others play was enjoyable. Even at that potato patch called Holleder Stadium you felt like you were right on top of the action. So many memories, especially the one where they packed 20,005 fans into that place. My car had the extra five fans. Now that was a memory seeing that place overflowing with folks.
Oh well that is enough nonsense for today. It is sad that I make my poor readers, all one or two of you, suffer through my golf misadventures but hey, that is what blogging is all about. After reading some of the nonsense on other blogs mine is not so bad, and no Repoman, I am not talking about the nonsense, I mean, political writings of yours as you usually make a good point - For example your pontification about Mark McIntee was spot on. Gates is in great hands and I am glad that Moronica is located in the Town of Gates. Every once in a while I will bebop to others blogs to see what other people have to say. A lot of it is inane but again they enjoy writing it.
OMG, another paragraph after I was about to sign off?? The adrenalin must be flowing from all that, much needed, exercise today. Well I am signing off now. This is your King wishing you a pleasant evening!!!

No comments: