Sunday, November 6, 2011

OMG!! It's Back!! Someone Please Put Me Out Of My Misery!!!

1) Why, oh Why I can only ask. Driving down 390 South yesterday near the airport I saw it again. Wegmans decided to bring back their sushi billboard featuring Moby Dick mouth. For those who have not read my previous blogs about this and are unfamiliar with this billboard it features some broad, with a mouth so big you can park a 747 in it, with pieces of sushi instead of eyes. It is probably THE most annoying billboard ever put up by anyone, even Pedro of South of the Border has better billboards than this. I try to avert my eyes whenever I pass this billboard but like a moth to a flame I have to look at it. This billboard has to go before it causes an accident.
2) Well the Bills lost today. I half expected it. The Jets just came off a bye and were well rested and they needed this game more than the Bills. The Bills play at Dallas next week. It is a game I believe they have a good chance at winning if they can harass Tony Romo enough as he will throw bad passes if bothered. We shall see.
3) Went golfing today, probably for the last time this season, and I did not play half bad. I actually had a few magic moments on the course. My chip in birdie on hole four was an absolute thing of beauty and I almost pulled off the same feat on fifteen. There my chip hit the flagstick solid and ended up a couple inches away from the hole. Still had too many bad holes but nothing worse than a double bogey on any hole. Overall not bad for having not played in almost a month due to weather, work and other commitments. Looking forward to next season. Maybe in March I will be able to go to Myrtle Beach for a golf vacation with some of the guys. I am the first alternate if the fourth backs out. I have now devoted myself to being a better golfer as I have completely retired from bowling. I miss my bowling buddies but I do NOT miss bowling.
4) In a little bit of a twist on my new segment "if they had Twitter" today I present 'famous last tweets'. Today we examine Abe Lincoln's possible last tweet.
2:47pm - Abraham Lincoln, President - "So much work to do but Mary bought tickets to a play at Ford's Theater tonight. I need to go to this play tonight like I need a hole in the head. Mary truly wants to go and I really do need a break. I hope its good."
I know, I know, I hear the booing already but hey, I am the King of Moronica so what do you expect from me? Pulitzer Prizes??
Well, fortunately for you I am going to keep this blog entry a bit short tonight. I am a bit tired after spending all afternoon, after coming home from golf, housecleaning. Looks like I really need to find a new Queen of Moronica soon. But not too soon. This is your King saying "Have a happy!!"

1 comment:

repoman said...

Custer was good. Lincoln was an ouch! It was funny though.