Thursday, December 1, 2011

Your King is on the Mend

I have kept it pretty quiet but your King has had some nasty tendinitis in his left thumb. It became quite painful during leaf raking season and has not let up. I would rest my left hand on my lap when driving and still pain would radiate from the thumb joint. Well I had had enough so this past Tuesday I visited my Royal Hand doctor, who happens to be one of the best in the Rochester area, and she diagnosed me with a badly inflamed trigger thumb. Considering that I do not even own a gun I was baffled, trigger thumb?? I guess that is just another name for serious tendinitis. It did not take long for her to diagnose it, as she must have seen this a million times, and she then gave me a shot of cortisone right into the joint. She said this had a fifty-fifty chance of working but since my thumb was so inflamed it would probably have a better chance of working. Well, it has been two days and the pain in my thumb is about ninety percent gone. The tendon is still a tad tight but seems to be loosening up a bit more as time progresses which is increasing my range of pain free motion so it looks like I may avoid the minor surgery it would have taken to fix it manually. I guess I should be expecting more of this as I gracefully age. Oh the joys of growing old. This is your King saying, 'Stay young my friends!!'

No comments: