Monday, December 5, 2011

More Kingly Krappola

Well, I had planned on coming back and writing some more garbage after my break by I just had to watch the Detroit Lions lose to the Saints. You can't blame Matt Stafford of Detroit for the loss as he had the Lions moving well all night but there are too many immature boobs on that Lions team. Too many stupid penalties, usually after a big play, doomed the Lions. When they finally grow up look out for that team as they will be formidable.
1) I apologize to my Muslim friends but I just have to say something about what I read that occurred in Afghanistan recently. It really pissed me off as to how women are treated by fundamental islamists. It turns out that a woman had received a twelve year prison sentence because she had pre-marital sex. The only reason she had the sex was that she was raped, yes raped, but she was still convicted and sent to prison. The oh so benevolent President Karzai decided to commute her sentence but there was a caveat...she had to marry the rapist. Can you believe that??? Talk about a backwards society where a man that rapes a woman can walk away free as a bird while the woman now ends up serving what will turn out to be a lifetime sentence...time in prison and the rest of her life with the rapist. Wow, and we have soldiers over there defending that country so crap like that can continue. Amazing.
2) I continue to not shop on "Black Friday' for a variety of reasons, first of which is that I hate crowds and would prefer to maintain my sanity. But the greed shown by people out shopping that day amazes me. The most incredibly moronic display of this was were some woman pepper sprayed her way through Walmart just to get an XBox. Numerous robberies, fights and shootings marred what was a bright spot for our economy as spending was above what was expected. Still it is truly embarrassing to see what moronic ends people will go to to save a few bucks on some electronic gizmo.
3) Your King played a lot of golf this first weekend of December. I have never played in the month of December before but the weather was nice enough, though I did freeze my ass off early in my round on Saturday, to get in thirty six holes. It was great exercise as I walked the course each day. I can feel my legs and back getting stronger as with each outing I suffered less and less as the round came to an end. It is just what the doctor ordered. I just have to keep it up now that it looks like the season is finally over. Nothing really spectacular about my rounds though at the end of Sunday's round my putter and I finally got on speaking terms again. From hole thirteen on I was making some nice putts. My thirty foot bomb on fourteen was worth a birdie and definitely put a smile on my face that was sorely lacking after butchering too many holes early on. Still, bad golf beats doing nothing.
4) It was good to see Ryan Miller back in goal for the Sabres this past Saturday against Nashville. While Jhonas Enroth did a workman like job in his place he is no Miller. Ryan looked great and made a save in the third period that amazed everyone. Even the guy running the goal spotlight thought it was a sure goal for the Predators that he shined his light down moments after the save. Ryan, and the Sabres, showed that they are not going to take crap anymore. Miller got bowled over by Jordin Tootoo in the second period and in the matter of a second Miller and two other Sabres were on top of him pounding him senseless. It was good to see and we need to see more of that to show that the Sabres cannot be bullied.
Well that is enough nonsense for tonight. The dishes are ready to be washed and it is now time to relax. This is your King wishing you a pleasant evening.

No comments: