Friday, December 16, 2011

King Impressed! And Speaks up on Vladimir Putin

Well, for shazit and giggles I checked my stats for my stupid blog for the past week and I am really impressed. It seems my audience for my reports on moronic things is worldwide. It really puts a smile on my face to see this and I thank all of my readers worldwide. This past week alone I had a lot of visits to my site from my friends in China and my friends in Russia rank as number three on the list of viewers. While the numbers are still not as strong as I would like it does make me want to work harder to put out an entertaining read for my readers. Especially lately with moronic things happening everywhere in this world it is a shame that I do tend to stay rather local with my posts. (The Buffalo Bills, and lately the Sabres, provide me with so much good material it is just too hard to resist)
To honor my friends all over this planet I will try, on occasion, to make my posts a bit more worldly so today I will comment on Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, soon to be running for president again, having his moronic stooges stuff the ballot boxes in the recent parliamentary elections in his country so his band of thugs can remain in power. Even with the stuffing the numbers were very poor for him as his party just barely kept their majority in the Russian Parliament. Now, in a real democracy the people should have a real choice of who they want to represent them but when people who have power want to stay in power you can have issues. Mr. Putin claims that Russia has a special brand of democracy. What does he mean by that? It seems in his special brand of democracy he gets to stay in power almost as long as Stalin did and all of his opponents in presidential elections either end up getting arrested or muzzled. Lately the Russian people have been protesting Mr. Putin and his party as it looks like they really want to have a choice, for a change, as to who to vote for in the next presidential election. It is pretty moronic that when you see the ballot for president you see only Vladimir Putin's name. Now that is some choice.
What is really moronic is that Mr. Putin has already had his two terms as president but, according to the Russian Constitution, he can now run again after having his buddy Medvedev keep his seat warm for him. You cannot do that in America or Bill Clinton could have ran against George Bush back in 2004, and he probably would have won. This prevents someone from gathering too much power and allows the import of fresh ideas into the government. Mr. Putin believes right now that he IS Russia but the people there seem to be rebelling a bit against that line of thinking lately. Maybe they want a real choice for a change. Maybe they want a real democracy and not Mr. Putin's idea of a democracy. One for all and all for Putin should not fly in the next Russian Presidential election. They are a good people and deserving of a good government by the people and for the people. They suffered for too long under the heavy thumb of communism and the concept of freedom that sprang up under Boris Yeltsin should continue to grow and not stagnate. The world needs a strong and democratic Russia. Mr. Putin has had his time as president and he should step aside and allow a real democracy to grow. If Russia's next president decides that he is a fine Prime Minister and should remain in that position then so be it. But it seems that after the next election Putin and Medvedev will just switch positions. That is highly moronic. Again, the good Russian people deserve a real choice and not a sham choice. They deserve a leader that gets the most real votes and not from ballot stuffing by stooges.
Well, that is my 'worldly' post for tonight seeing that I have friends around the world that partake in my Blog of Moronica. I wish all of my friends, even Vladimir Putin, a pleasant evening.

No comments: